• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So i bought a 51 Whilly

still looking for some yokes? I have a dana 60 1310 or 1330 yoke (cant remember which one it is) and I think I may still have my 30 spline 1330 flange for the 205. I also the 1330 cv driveline that is in fair shape. I'd give the yokes to ya for shipping if you still need them.... just need to find my damn thinned walled 1 5/16s socket!

Nice build by the way. :)

oh yeah... got one new and one used 32 spline 1350 u bolt style yokes too if you are interested in upgrading. Those I'd have to charge ya something though. :)

darn thing runs like crap. one second it runs smoooth like that..... then it starts loping wildly, then dies. if i start it and rev it up some it seems real smooth but drop back to idle and same thing.

checked all the codes and it has tons:redneck:

no external vacuum leaks.

22 33 34 42 43 44

i have been swapping item back and forth like IAC motor, throttle Pos senser, map senser, no effect.

i set base timing when it was running smooth and it remains there.

good grounds everywhere.

new CPI injectors.

fuel pressure steady except when loping. has no problem maintaining 60 psi.

any ideas?

Mine's doing the exact same thing! Every part of the fuel system new. Once I drive a bit it will idle a little better but it's really bad when cold. If I figure anything out I'll let you know but right now I'm stumped too.

still looking for some yokes? I have a dana 60 1310 or 1330 yoke (cant remember which one it is) and I think I may still have my 30 spline 1330 flange for the 205. I also the 1330 cv driveline that is in fair shape. I'd give the yokes to ya for shipping if you still need them.... just need to find my damn thinned walled 1 5/16s socket!

Nice build by the way. :)

i need the yoke off a 205 for a 1310 or 1330 CV DS, doesnt sound like you have what i need by your description, maybe this one if its for a CV DS.

i could probably afford shipping:redneck:
if it is ill pm my address.

i need the yoke off a 205 for a 1310 or 1330 CV DS, doesnt sound like you have what i need by your description, maybe this one if its for a CV DS.

i could probably afford shipping:redneck:
if it is ill pm my address.

sorry man... really busy last night and forgot to check. I get a good UPS rate through work so I can't imagine it'll cost much to ship...

you can see the flange in this old pic:

CIMG4952.jpg

i cant tell from the picture as the front flange is different. the rear yoke i cant tell.?

i have some 1350 yokes and the square flange thingy wont work for my driveshaft(s), thanks for the thoughts though.

looks like a new yoke is in my future....:redneck:

Just some ideas to look for on your motor running rough.

Plug wires are not on the right plugs... mine ran ok with 4 and 6 switched... it sputtered and popped at idle but at higher RPM it was fine too. Check that to be sure... I thought I was sure and hauled it 100 miles only to make myself look really dumb.

AC delco spark plugs only!!

Factory or Napa blue plug wires only!!!

MAF sensor issues, plugged, unmetered air? Doubt it would be this but worth a shot.

Its probably something easy... once I got my motor running good... I have had NO issues. :awesomework:

Plug wires are not on the right plugs... mine ran ok with 4 and 6 switched... it sputtered and popped at idle but at higher RPM it was fine too. Check that to be sure... I thought I was sure and hauled it 100 miles only to make myself look really dumb.

MAF sensor issues, plugged, unmetered air? Doubt it would be this but worth a shot.

Its probably something easy... once I got my motor running good... I have had NO issues. :awesomework:
Not dumb, just numerically challenged!:fawkdancesmiley::redneck:
Glad to hear it's running good! :D :cool:

AC delco spark plugs only!!Factory or Napa blue plug wires only!!!

Acdelco plugs are simply NGK spark plugs incase ya didnt know that.Acdelco does not make any! of there parts they are simple high quality aftermarket parts bought and reboxed in to Acdelco box;s thought y all might find that usefull info.Just like Motorcraft spark plugs...they are Autolights.Fwiw Motorcraft is the same way...they dont make anything! just reboxed parts.

Love the build man!

i did change plug wires recently when i swapped out the CPI injector. i did verify spark at each plug so i know they are good.

it has bosch platinium plugs and ran fine for years with them in there?

i did change plug wires recently when i swapped out the CPI injector. i did verify spark at each plug so i know they are good.

it has bosch platinium plugs and ran fine for years with them in there?

You can have spark on a wire that has bad resistance... maybe check that.

I would junk the bosch plugs and go with some AC delcos if I were you.

This is all info I got from Trevor at S&N.

Bosch Plats.....:puke:
I have seen quite a few inexplicable poor driveability issues fixed with simply getting a new set of non-bosch plugs in there...But make sure your firing order is correct...the numbers should be right on the cap if it's the flat, "crab-style" cap....What yr is your motor out of Hippy???:redneck: (I don't feel like trapsing thru multiple pages to find out....:haha:

yes i read the other thread and have verified and reverified the firing order, sometimes it runs smooth as silk then starts stumbling.....

motor came from a 93 blazer its the CPI version. using a redone ecu from a 94.

both motors i bought had bosch plat in em.

bosch junk huh. :eeek:

thats all ive ever ran in my porsche and those plugs have 90k on em and look brand new. hum....

have em in my suburban for ten years now same plugs....

i do have a set of brand new ac delco and two dont fire with the same plug wires that fire the bosch.....i broke a bosch plug and replaced it with an new ac plug. had a miss so i checked the plug, no fire, replaced it with another brand new ac delco and it didnt fire either. checked resistence on wire .700 Meg so its good. put another used bosch plug and it fires great.

as a result of this scene i decided to check resistence on the old wires and they have much more resistence than the new wires. old wires approximately depending on length 2.33 megs vice .700 megs for the new.

so what resistence is good for this application?

Last edited:
I agree 100% with kev as ive ran into runnabilty issues with bosch platinums in gms like this one, also. there really isnt a worse plug for them. ac delco and you dont need to be platinums for this application.

Juuuuusst an idea.

Too many post to reread the whole thead, but does that motor need a return fuel line, do you have a return fuel line, and perhaps if you do, does the return fuel line have a kink or other obstruction?

Hip, your symptoms are the same as mine, same motor, almost same codes. FWIW I installed brand new ac's in mine before I installed it so I doubt that's your problem.

Your thread got me thinking though. I have a 92-93 motor and the prom and harness I got from howell is for a 94-95. I know the egr's are different I'm wondering if anything else is? I had to switch my egr plug around to make it work.

What brand spider did you install? Mine's a BWD and the regulator is set too low. I'm on my 2nd one with no change. I installed an external regulator for testing purposes just to get up around 60-62psi.