• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So i bought a 51 Whilly

Now this is sexy. How do you do video? host it somewhere then link it? i dont have anyplace to host it.:looser:

But it drives pretty nice, went as fast as i could breath.:awesomework:

Very stable with 20 psi in the tires. I love how it shifts.:D

Stopped at the liquer store to buy a bottle of bacardi to celebrate and tightned up the lug nuts. home to partake a little.

Still a lot left to do.:corn:

Attachments

• P1010649.JPG
    P1010649.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Rig looks Killer Hippy! :cheer:
Download the vid to youtube...If you don't have an acct it's easy to set one up.:awesomework:

Very Cool!:cool:

very nice Hip :awesomework: feels good dosent it :cheer:

WAHOOO!!! Thats awesome Hip!

Awesome! Awesome! :awesomework:

yeah its a good feeling, now if i could only figure out the stereo frikkin thing does not work when plugged into the power on the rig, so i took it to a stereo shop, they said it works fine.... bring it home and plug it in and it dont work.

i have power to the two power sources at the pins and ground at the pin. it does not blow fuses but wont turn on. i have now ripped out the Plug harness and will take it back to the stereo shop to have them figure it out. i have spent way too much time on it.

this week if possible ill get the roof rolled and then add the antenneas.

i have a few minor leaks to fix.

all in all im very happy with how well it drives.:awesomework:

i have power to the two power sources at the pins and ground at the pin. it does not blow fuses but wont turn on. i have now ripped out the Plug harness and will take it back to the stereo shop to have them figure it out. i have spent way too much time on it.

:

Check the ground on the deck and the two power wires both switched, Make sure that the switch power wire is on a separate circuit than the main power wire

I'm coming over wednesday after work for a ride.

KOH 2012 here we come.

PS. Walker valley next weekend? Not this weekend, next? I'll grab Tom's big trailer and we can haul both. :D

I'm coming over wednesday after work for a ride.

KOH 2012 here we come.

PS. Walker valley next weekend? Not this weekend, next? I'll grab Tom's big trailer and we can haul both. :D

maybe but i think ill haul it down myself as i might end up with a short day... i have a bunch of stuff to do first before wheeling.

Air system
make the aluminium tank,
mount the tank,
run the compresser discharge line to it.

ARB lines
make special fitting for diff end.

Roof
getting rolled friday and fit saturday.

Stereo and speakers, need to buy $peaker$

Rear output seal on the 205 leaking, i have another already

Really want a windshield but i dont need that to wheel it.:redneck:

:cool:well the stereo is figured out one of the power wires was in the wrong hole on the plug. It was the main switched power red wire was four holes off.

started making some shift handles out of Iron wood, that **** is as hard as metal. i just tapped the bottom and will attempt to engrave the labels into the wood.

this wood is so dense it sinks in water. Thanks to my friend Rob who used to restore houses and brought me two pieces of 2X6X24 iron wood many years ago. i knew when i saw them i was gonna make something special with that wood.

had to use a grinder to shape the wood as a file just bounced off.:haha:

i thought you all were coming over for rides?:kiss:

not exactly virgin elephant foreskin seat covers

but hand carved laser engraved shift knobs made out of Brazillian Iron Wood.

Attachments

• P1010653.jpg
    P1010653.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010651.jpg
    P1010651.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 169
  • P1010652.jpg
    P1010652.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited: