• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I was thinking..

Casey you are right, you will probably break every moving part under the jeep.

Here is what you should do:
sell me the 5.3 for like half of what you paid for it...
worried about losing the money on the 5.3?? .. nah....think about all of the money you will be saving from broken axles(upgrading to RCVs is not cheap my friend), r&p s, driveshafts and so on, ....think about how fast you're gonna wear down the treps from all that wheel speed, then you're gonna have to buy new stickies :eek:...

I am actually doing you a favor.. you can thank me later ;)

Re:

And LS motors are like diesels. Just tell people you got 400hp out of it with headers and a tune and there's a lot of people that'll believe ya. It's like free hp!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
And LS motors are like diesels. Just tell people you got 400hp out of it with headers and a tune and there's a lot of people that'll believe ya. It's like free hp!

Aint that the ****in truth!!

Re:

I work with a guy that has a 900hp camaro he's been telling the guys about. When he told me about the 2005 Dale Earnhardt edition SS Silverado he used to have with a bone stock 5.3 that would burn the rear tires off at will from a roll I knew that Camaro story was gonna turn out to be bullshit. Unless somebody corrects me that SS Silverado's didn't have a 6.0, awd so he wouldn't be burning rubber like he tells people he did. Then I'll just feel like a ****

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I work with a guy that has a 900hp camaro he's been telling the guys about. When he told me about the 2005 Dale Earnhardt edition SS Silverado he used to have with a bone stock 5.3 that would burn the rear tires off at will from a roll I knew that Camaro story was gonna turn out to be bullshit. Unless somebody corrects me that SS Silverado's didn't have a 6.0, awd so he wouldn't be burning rubber like he tells people he did. Then I'll just feel like a ****

All cat eye SS Silverados had 6.0s, but all were AWD until the last two years and then they got the LS2 the last year, but not 2005... A rwd ls2 SS truck is a bad mochine

Re:

He definitely said it was 5.3 so I'd say he's full of it. Which is common with truck drivers.

To address one of the original questions about people braking parts once they change to ls boils down to two main factors first ls motors make more power stock than most old school motors made but most people who switch bc there old motor is wore out or it just don't run right so it makes even less power secondly ls motors power curve is a lot higher in rpm range which means faster wheel speeds to feel the power if you can keep your foot out of the pedal you will be fine but HP is like crack... if it is sitting in front of you most people will use it :****:

Seems like a feller could just slap a fuel injection kit on the 400 n sell the 5.3....

I had a 400 in a '78 K5 and it was a hell of a nice engine.