• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I was thinking..

kushKrawlin

Ok. Here's my thoughts. I have a super badass (at one time possibly) 400 sbc in my junk now.. I have beat on it when needed, and put many many rides on it since I have had it... Knock on wood, I haven't blown axle shafts and **** apart like a lot of folks do. Keep in mind I also realize when to stomp the brakes and not sit there and hold it to the floor like a fool with to much money. . I was thinking about this LS I got, and gonna do sometime in the near future.. And how bad it would suck to spend all the time and money Gettin it in and start havin all these broken part problems I see so much of. I like to ride. I do NOT like to break **** and fuk the whole trip up.
Am I worryin bout dum ****? Or is my ole 400 just right as far as power goes to not break **** all the time. Cause I have had it to the floor more than a couple times and been lucky so far. I really don't like the idea of axle shafts or God forbid r & p breaking ... Y'all can have that ****.. This nig goes to ride, I gotta garage I can work on **** in. Does this make any sense? Basically has anyone dropped in a motor with 100 or so more HP and started blowing **** apart? Thanks for any advise fellas.

Dude, its not the power, its the guy mashing the pedal! you could put a 1000hp engine in there and drive it easy and smart, and be ok! you think to much. :JRich:

Re:

I've been having to go through and brace link mounts and trusses since I put my 6.0 in but that's because I did a half ass job when I first built it and and I can have a pretty heavy right foot. My new much bigger tires have also been a part of my recent problem as well. I'm sure your rig is put together much better than mine so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do you need more power? Your driving style I've never sen you not make it up because of power.
No talent sure, but not from lack of power. :flipoff1:
Unless your just ready to get rid of propane, than yes I say if your going to put any money into a motor it might as well be an LS.

Eddyj said:
Do you need more power? Your driving style I've never sen you not make it up because of power.
No talent sure, but not from lack of power. :flipoff1:
Unless your just ready to get rid of propane, than yes I say if your going to put any money into a motor it might as well be an LS.

Propane is the issue, not his driving habits. Nothing will come apart from the motor, just from the continual abuse of this type rig. Eventually, something will fail on the trail, it just hasn't come to that point yet. Might be 5 or more years down the road. :smoke: makes Casey feel like he is @ 150% throttle all the time...though he is still in park :flipper:

If it works don't fix it until it doesn't. Just because the Joneses are doing it doesn't mean you have to. :driving:

Re: So I was thinking..

Doesnt he post all the time how broke he is? And hes got a spare 6.0 laying around psssshhhh. Old school=simple 6.0= too many wires and sensors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I've been wondering the same thing, my tbi 350 is low on power but it may be saving my parts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Re:

I went from a worn out 388 stroker with a carb to my ls. I was tired of fighting carb issues and was gonna propane it, but in the end it was cheaper for me to ls it than end up with the same worn out motor on pane. Ls swaps are so common now that the price of parts has came down and a guy can do a swap cheap if he is careful and puts his money in the right places.

As far as breaking parts im anxious to see if it does myself. Its only been out once since it was finished and we had another rug break down so didnt get to ride much. Planning in riding this weekend and next so i guess ill find out if the new motor is a parts eater or not. Im loving the fuel injection.

And as for sensors and stuff. If you have the right tuner alot of the sensors are no longer needed. You can delete 02's, knock sensors, maf. Pretty much all of the emissions bs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

First...who said anything about a 6.0? Some of you boys and girls are lacking in the reading comprehension area and are focusing on the wrong part of the story! :flipper:

Second...Kush, maintain your driving style and you'll be fine. You are putting in a stock motor, not a fawn 408 stroker! It will be fine. Not to mention, I am convinced that as much as you ride, this swap will actually SAVE you money because you won't be dealing with propane anymore. Not only will it be cheaper, it is dang sure easier! Put that LS motor in there and call it money well spent.

Hey man, save all the fab work, I ran a 400 on propane for a while, then I bought a fast fuel kit and it was a UNBELIEVABLE change. I'd keep what you have, I'm going to run a old school motor in my buggy. :dblthumb:

Dam I ain't gonna lie. I forgot I made this thread. ha. Anyways. Here's the deal.. John G I have no clue what you mean.. Kel, dammit u lost me on the last part. Zach, I had already been thinking this, talked with John G about it not to long ago. Then saw your video and started thinkin again.. Piper I hate propane with a passion.. Eddy, propane and never ruining right. I can't take it anymore.. Chad, thanks. Be at Choco Saturday *****. Broady, u silly boy.. Tyler, 150? Really?? Ben bone. NO :flipoff1: poolman, I can't afford that **** .. 09zkrankin , thanks. I can't wait ... Jeep medic, it sucks. It's driving me nuts. Oh and I already bought the LS before I was told to move my **** to the poor house. 30th6, been wondering this for a wile.. Zjman , very broke.. No ****.. I can recoop most of the money spent by selling my motor now... I'm doing good on not spendin a **** Ton. Thanks to good buddies..nick, did u mean shouldn't? :'( Drue, you have a **** eating dog :dunno: haha.
That should cover the replys. Holy **** that was tough.
Here's the deal. Until a few rides ago the motherfuker Hasn't ran exactly right. Chad turned some **** and made it actually idle for Fukin once after it warms up. Thank you again Chad. Way less 700 neutral drops. Still a **** ton (neutral drop King) but not Everytime I change gears.. It's actually running better now than ever. Combo of Adam less custom one off push rod and Chad spinning some **** he didn't even look at. Ha. I just can't take the propane anymore. It Fukin sucks. And I coulda put 3 LS's in tha fuker with all the cost of dam propane.. I can NOT wait to be able to stop and get gas. Fuk me.. I can't imagine!??! Anyways that's the deal, I'm already balls deep in .. I can't back out now. If I hadn't bought the motor and **** I would, but hell to tha naw naw naw..