• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

I think if I break any of this stuff, I will have had a wreck or the thing flew off my trailer on the interstate :****:

blacksheep10 said:
tap upper bung in arm to 3/4 or drill/tap to 7/8 and put a heim in. I have HT 4140 knuckle pins if you want to replaced that upper BJ. I've now broken 1k knuckles in half and my knuckle pins and arms haven't moved.

How much for a pair of knuckle pins shipped?

2" Highlifter bracket lift done, 14.5" belly clearance on stock rubber. Ready to get them forward arms put on next and throw some 30's under it and let er eat!

04a9f132539ea6199a3a8132f3101c4a.jpg

930007cb0ddd36b3d6849b182aa378a5.jpg

We took mine to the Stoney night ride last weekend. It rides amazing with 5 people in it, Alittle stiff 2 up. Climbed some pretty rough stuff and aired it out several times making hot laps on the track. I love it so far.

Re:

When we went to Skyline before I put the lift on, I let the shocks down 1 click to where it was just 1 click above the softest setting and it rode dang good. I put the lift on and let the shocks back down to softest setting so i hope it aint too stiff now. Aint had a chance to ride it yet. The Highlifter lift brackets relocate the upper shock mounts to the outside and further down. So aside from them being rlfurther down, the shock angles are more straight up and down now, which both will probably contribute to a worse ride. If it rides like ****. I'll take the lift back off and sell it. Lol

Oh, question: Do you leave that canvas back window in while you tow it? Just wondering if it withstands interstate winds.

I'm on the fence with beadlock wheels or no beadlocks. Looking like $200 difference for beadlocks over non-beadlocks in the wheels I've chosen (ITP Hurricane and STI HD5 Beadlock). I'm thinking beadlocks are probably worth it, I just see that $200 as it could buy me a full skid! Lol

Re:

I dunno about sxs but I know there's been plenty of times that I wish I would've just spent the extra money and bought what I really wanted on the jeep and that usually includes something over $200

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I dunno about sxs but I know there's been plenty of times that I wish I would've just spent the extra money and bought what I really wanted on the jeep and that usually includes something over $200

Really all I have to picture is cutting a tire or even knocking it off the rim way off in the woods with a whole lot of shitty rough terrain between me and truck and that $200 seems pretty miniscule in a situation like that. Might as well go ahead and pony up for them beadlocks I guess. I really like the look of those Hurricanes though! The beadlocks are the same as what's on Jrich's green limo pictured above, but instead of going full black (Jrich always goes full black), I like the black/machined ones pretty good.

Re:

I put some black/machined wheels on the tow pig and now I really wanna paint the ones on the trail rig to match. Always thought it would be cool to have a trail rig/ tow rig / trailer that kind of matched.

I've got the safety zip ties on the top to keep it from unlocking, but as far as windshield and rear panel go I haven't had any problem towing. I hit 90 a few times on the way to stoney the other evening and had no issues. That back panel locks in a track full length across the bottom, velcros up the side, the top is actually sandwiched between my top and cage with screws. Can't really come off.

No way I would do a non beadlock wheel. Too much hassle loosing a bead for whatever the reason may be.

Install my winch, skidplate, fab rock sliders, light bar, radio (infinity prv350 touch screen with satellite radio), wheel spacers and I'll be set for a while. :JRich:

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I put some black/machined wheels on the tow pig and now I really wanna paint the ones on the trail rig to match. Always thought it would be cool to have a trail rig/ tow rig / trailer that kind of matched.

That's kinda what I was going for wanting the ITP Hurricanes, they look very close to the Level 8 rims on my FJ. But, like Jrich just said, $200 ain't **** compared to losing a bead on the trail. Done it on atv's years ago, and would have paid $200 right then to have beadlocks. Sucks losing a bead in a mudhole too!

Re:

Beadlocks all the way.. blowing tires off the wheel sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

She forward and arched!

90fa12ebbc43dc7204f9abd32a8b6881.jpg

8f8093a0d5bd2ef9db6e683bdf5f0c45.jpg

ca782467f6a4107aa377a4b1690f42c2.jpg

b8d6b05286b9291088f6c40e4cc33862.jpg

Gotta call KJ Motorsports back Monday about the wheels. Getting the 30" EFX Motoclaws and 14" STI HD5 beadlocks like Jrich has but with the machined/black finish and they are out of stock in them. She said she thought they were supposed to have some in next week and for me to call back and speak with some guy Monday, he is supposed to tell me when they will be in for sure. I'm usually not a fan of machined and black but they look badass on that wheel imo.

Good looking rim

59b8a5845d53b3c9acefe90fcfb98d1b.jpg

d79289ca06c3f4c0bcb9821bf07690bf.jpg

And the tire. Left os 27", right is 30"
bc2fc26255bb2a173b874bd3e3187ec9.jpg

ee71e2c3e929b6fe83a8cd75d4c9c603.jpg