• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

so rollin into work yesterday evening...

Opossum

now I need a front.
I seen this going down the interstate. Figured wyatt and the rest of you'd would like the semi wheels/tires on this "beast", even though frowning on the use of what looks to be about a 6x6 or so square tubing used for a front block.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Opossum said:
I seen this going down the interstate. Figured wyatt and the rest of you'd would like the semi wheels/tires on this "beast", even though frowning on the use of what looks to be about a 6x6 or so square tubing used for a front block.
Nice towhitch :eek: molaugh

what really throws me is, what is the front beam axle out of? Obviously this is a two wheel drive truck. but chevy's are IFS, and this one is very clearly a beam on the front end. Wonder where its out of. And judging by the rest of the truck, I'd hate to see the fab work on the front leaf spring hangers.....

InDaShop said:
what really throws me is, what is the front beam axle out of? Obviously this is a two wheel drive truck. but chevy's are IFS, and this one is very clearly a beam on the front end. Wonder where its out of. And judging by the rest of the truck, I'd hate to see the fab work on the front leaf spring hangers.....

3500HD's of that era came with a straight axle and leaf springs in the front. I think were all cab&chassis though.

PrairieDogOffroad said:
3500HD's of that era came with a straight axle and leaf springs in the front. I think were all cab&chassis though.
Correct and straight rail frames.
This is definately not one of those. You would see more frame, and you would have a 6" filler panel below the grille wrapping around to the fenderwell.

Looks like stock rearsprings with 10" or so of block. Front looks to be very similiar. All the svelt brake line routing front this angle looks horrible. its just hanging down whereever.

Any guesses on what all the crap is around the front blocks and tie rod? I'm thinking dual steering stabilizers......but cant really tell.

yea it was a dual stabilizer and the big "blob" of **** is the lift block which looked to be made out of just some big square tubing.

Opossum said:
had an auburn sticker on the back window and Indiana plate so who knows.

theres a dodge 3500 older model maybe around mid to late 90's that has the same done to it, its black with a diesal tank in the bed, ext cab, its got indiana plates also, i normally see it cruisin thru town on the weekends

InDaShop said:
Correct and straight rail frames.
This is definately not one of those. You would see more frame, and you would have a 6" filler panel below the grille wrapping around to the fenderwell.

Looks like stock rearsprings with 10" or so of block. Front looks to be very similiar. All the svelt brake line routing front this angle looks horrible. its just hanging down whereever.

Any guesses on what all the crap is around the front blocks and tie rod? I'm thinking dual steering stabilizers......but cant really tell.
I know its not an HD but was thinking that is what the axle is out of.