• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sobor driver or 3 sheets to the wind

Money Mark

With just the drivers intoxication level; in your own personal opinion which one does more damage to the trails?

the sober ones in organized groups of 5+ rigs has to have a bigger impact over time than the drunks. How many trails do drunken partiers cover in a given day vs the hard core jeep groups who tour the whole park?

I vote Sober offroad clubs, bigger impact over time

Lets see, when I'm sober I make it through the trail fine and only my sheetmetal suffers. When I'm tossed I kill my truck in short order. I may do damage but only to the 1st 100' or so from my trailer.:alcoholic:

the sober ones in organized groups of 5+ rigs has to have a bigger impact over time than the drunks. How many trails do drunken partiers cover in a given day vs the hard core jeep groups who tour the whole park?

I vote Sober offroad clubs, bigger impact over time

I don't agree with this at all Darby.

Have you been over east and seen the groups of guys who have a floor board full of empty cans of beer? I have seen them do way more stupid **** than most of the sober ones. Plus a sober driver will actually think about what they are doing.

If you weighted the damage to existing and rogue trail driving by;

ALL intoxicated drivers in your right hand,

ALL other drivers in your left hand,

You could give yourself "the stranger".:D

If you weighted the damage to existing and rogue trail driving by;

ALL intoxicated drivers in your right hand,

ALL other drivers in your left hand,

You could give yourself "the stranger".:D

If your talking over all then of course other drivers. If you compare to a 1:1 ratio then there is no way a sober person will do less damage.

If you compare to a 1:1 ratio then there is no way a sober person will do less damage.

Data to prove this statement?

Common sense might tell an individual one thing, but even then "intoxicated drivers are bad" is just an accusation, stemmed from (lack of) social acceptance.

We're talking about comparing an intoxicated vs. sober driver causing actual and real quantifiable and proved resource damage to existing trails system's.....not morals or ethics.

Morals and Ethics.....our minds have been made up for us, by The Man.

Last edited:
Data to prove this statement?

Common sense might tell an individual one thing, but even then "intoxicated drivers are bad" is just an accusation, stemmed from (lack of) social acceptance.

We're talking about comparing an intoxicated vs. sober driver causing actual and real quantifiable and proved resource damage to existing trails system's.....not morals or ethics.

Morals and Ethics.....our minds have been made up for us, by The Man.

If you are looking for any kind of stats/data--your not going to find any as there are none out there that I have seen---just what I have seen since I got my first rig in 91'.

I have a test we can do that will answer this. At the core event the tamers have there obstacle course. We can line it with strreamers to signafy a trail corridor. We will get you intoxicated and let you run the course and I will run the course. Who do you think will do more damage?

If you are looking for any kind of stats/data--your not going to find any as there are none out there that I have seen---just what I have seen since I got my first rig in 91'.

I have a test we can do that will answer this. At the core event the tamers have there obstacle course. We can line it with strreamers to signafy a trail corridor. We will get you intoxicated and let you run the course and I will run the course. Who do you think will do more damage?

I would put my money on "Money" just because you are a ribbon magnet.. :cheer:

It all comes back to the "driver"..

PS.. to make it fair the driver that is driving drunk should be a "professional"...

Logical thinking.:awesomework:

How is that logical, intoxicated drivers have little to no logic, people lose their inhibitions and reasoning while intoxicated, they have poor judgement and will do things that sober people won't, this in itself will cause more damage. Most intoxicated drivers that I have observed will use the skinny pedal a lot more, and go outside of the trail corridor.

The real question that should have been posed, is which driver has more logic and control of their senses, a sober driver or an intoxicated driver.

The only way to get any valid data is to compare the same driver, same rig over the same course and same conditions. Anything else is speculative BS. And even then you would get different results from different drivers.

Any other comparisons (I.E. like Darby's) could be viewed as an attempt to justify drinking on the trail.

Darby- Since we're on the subject...How many drunk driving accidents have you responded to being a firefighter/medic and how many of those could have been prevented if the driver was not intoxicated...

I really can't believe we still have people who think it's perfectly ok to drink or be drunk on the trails and are still debating it.

Last edited:
The only way to get any valid data is to compare the same driver, same rig over the same course and same conditions. Anything else is speculative BS. And even then you would get different results from different drivers.

Any other comparisons (I.E. like Darby's) could be viewed as an attempt to justify drinking on the trail.

Darby- Since we're on the subject...How many drunk driving accidents have you responded to being a firefighter/medic and how many of those could have been prevented if the driver was not intoxicated...

I really can't believe we still have people who think it's perfectly ok to drink or be drunk on the trails and are still debating it.

you and crash suggesting this be done like a competition is only going to compare one thing.

A drunks driving skills to a sober persons skills. Hell a good drunk toyota driver will shame a sober cherokee driver.

The tru debate here is

Intentions

you and crash suggesting this be done like a competition is only going to compare one thing.

A drunks driving skills to a sober persons skills. Hell a good drunk toyota driver will shame a sober cherokee driver.

The tru debate here is

Intentions

Then have someone drive the course sober, then have them drive it again intoxicated, guarentee they will be all over the place.

And for the record it isn't a moral debate, morals have nothing to do with drinking and driving, it is against the law and kills people.

And the intentions of a sober driver vs a drunk driver vary from person to person but....they don't call it liquid courage for nothing...Generally speaking the same person will make poorer decisions intoxicated than sober. Statistics prove this- One could easily deduce that an intoxicated driver on the trails is going to make poorer decisions than the same person sober...

Let me put it in terms you can understand...Remember that fat ugly chick you woke up to that one time....It wouldn't have happened if you'd been sober.... Of course, you probably don't care and it probably would have happened anyway....let's just say you do the same amount of damage whether sober or drunk? :D

I am a retard for posting retarded stuff and I have been banned from this thread.