• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Soft top question.

LWB Samurai Joe

Does anyone here know where I can get some custom soft top work done? I want to make a safari top. I bought a safari top for a regular (read shorty) Samurai and I need to get it lengthened to fit the extra length of my LWB.

Thanks.

Tom

picture.JPG

I've heard of guys going to boat shops. Don't have any names to throw at you though. I think Hoglunds up here in Everett does too, they're a custom rod interior shop.

Hoglunds in Everett will do it ($$$ for a price).
I bought my own snap gun after going there for a couple snap repairs :booo:
Boat places are great.
I am hoping by next fall I will have the machine to do it (in this state).

I orderd the pinned hinges today (from TT).

Last edited:
Brian's Uphosltry in Gold Bar....he did Crash's top and will do mine when I get around to it....

Brian's Upholstery - Upholstery Shop - 301 Croft AQve. - Phone: 360-793-2556

I've had my work done at a shop in Ballard. Not real cheap, but competitive and quality work. Probably cheaper in Gold Bar. Be sure to think about a design that provides tree protection against the roll bar so you don't tear it every time you rub against a tree. At least double layer the vulnerable spots, keep snaps away from that area and preferrably have them sew in some heavy duty horizontal plastic rub strip along the length. Not the decorative type, but just the durable plastic stuff.

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Comet, great ideas. I wouldnt have thought about that. I will now. My rig is to dang tall. Im going to need a re enforced top Im sure.
No problem. Your rig is tall, but at least the roll bar is canted inwards. It should help protect things. You probably already know where it hits things, so focus on those areas.

I will also go with Brians here in Gold Bar. He's done some repair on my soft top as well and he's very resonable. Cheap would be a better word but he's good.

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Comet, great ideas. I wouldnt have thought about that. I will now. My rig is to dang tall. Im going to need a re enforced top Im sure.

when I talked to Brian he mentioned using some of the material that the big trucks you overtop of the standard soft top material along all the rub zones, as it seems to be more abrasive resistant than standard soft top material

Toyotanut said:
when I talked to Brian he mentioned using some of the material that the big trucks you overtop of the standard soft top material along all the rub zones, as it seems to be more abrasive resistant than standard soft top material
Cordura?

I got a bimini top off a bayliner on my yota, perfect width for the windshield and goes about 3/4 way down the bed. Holds up great to trees too.