• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solid 40 spline outers

Not that much money, I'm probably still a dealer and was thinking about them when I still wheeled. Depends on if you're breaking stubs or joints. If you're not breaking joints you probably have CTM or something, and if you have that, just get teh stub and not have to get bigger spindles, bearings etc to make a 40 spline stub fit and still have a 60 joint.

blacksheep10 said:
Not that much money, I'm probably still a dealer and was thinking about them when I still wheeled. Depends on if you're breaking stubs or joints. If you're not breaking joints you probably have CTM or something, and if you have that, just get teh stub and not have to get bigger spindles, bearings etc to make a 40 spline stub fit and still have a 60 joint.

I been running Yukon chrome Molly and keep twisting them and breaking them.

IMO - Id rather have a stub shaft as a fuse to break before I get my inner shaft, R&P etc.....I run 4340 35 spline yukons and am just about guaranteed to break one every trip. Easy to change and a cheap fix compared to the other options thumb.gif

^That sounds horrible. I wouldn't want to go wheeling and know that I would break every time. That's why I upgrade as I break to avoid having to worry about it and beat on it accordingly.

kboring said:
IMO - Id rather have a stub shaft as a fuse to break before I get my inner shaft, R&P etc.....I run 4340 35 spline yukons and am just about guaranteed to break one every trip. Easy to change and a cheap fix compared to the other options thumb.gif
Dammit man! Personally I would rather have my d/s joint as a "fuse". So much easier for me to fix.. Just bring a spare shart and swap it. But man I got 1310 joints on d/s ., stock gm 60 inners, spiced joints, and yukon outters.. Knock on wood I ain't broke **** in the axle. I know I don't have 700 hp, and I dont go riding only To try and destroy my **** I have worked so hard for... But at the same time, there's always several occasions where The last thing on earth that I want to do is have to go down the hill backwards, so I'll have to hold it on the floor.. I'll mash it when needed, and usually don't have a problem doing most all the trails where ever we ride .. But DAYUMM what the hell Yall Doin to break **** so often? Lord I would be so frustrated if I broke **** a lot .
I dream of havin RCV's. The piece if mind would be awesome. Recently I personally witnessed what a GM 60 with RCV's would hold up to, while riding a few months ago with mr heavy left foot... And still to this day I'm amazed at the strength of the Dana 60. HiS Buggy has 43's, and several hundred horses.. And tha goober mashes his motor from unloading till he loads it back up. Insane tha beating it took...... Till he broke his r&p... Haha. Hardheaded ass.

Yea - If I got RCV's I'd worry about the R&P or driveshafts breaking & Ive got an HP60. I can go through 20+ stubs before it costs me 3K plus for a set of custom RCV's. We wheel 4-5 times a year so I just cant justify that. An electric impact and the shafts changed in 30-45 minutes.

I'm pretty hard on my junk and it takes a pretty good beatdown to get a stub. 9/10 I'll wait till the last day to go hero mode.

Kush- A Fawkin D/S is expensive! I had double cardan 1310s @ the case when I was on regular compound SXs and I got tired of breaking them! They didn't stand a chance with these stickies. I exploded both TC yokes at the same damn time on whos your daddy @ stoney & had to be drug to camp! That liquid courage is hard on parts

Yea its a HP60 center with Reid Chevrolet knuckles - 66" WMS.

Goes between the fenders on my trailer :JRich:

kboring said:
Yea its a HP60 center with Reid Chevrolet knuckles - 66" WMS.

Goes between the fenders on my trailer :JRich:
If you have a hp 60 with 4.88 or higher gears the only custom thing you would have is inner shafts stubs would be standard as well as the bells. Your front end wouldn't be the weak link!