• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solid Knuckes and Crane King Pin Spring Eliminators

mtublazer2

Anyone have any experience using the combo?

I've got Solids high steer arms and aluminum caps, so drilling and tapping them for a preload adjustment isn't an option. Are there any options out there for a replacement cap for solids arms that allows preload adjustments? I've been just adding some washers to the top of the springs, but I'd really like to run reids bronze bushings and be able to adjust preload.

Those that are using the Crane spring eliminators, (with any knuckle) have you noticed any slop after shimming initially?

Re:

I know BTF machines the keyway into their springless arms for solid knuckles, doesn't help with your current arms, just throwing that out there

I run Solid knuckles & arms with Crane spring eliminators (The polyurethane slugs). Im still running factory style plastic bushings under them with no issues and no wobbles.
The only issue I had was the way Solid drills the caps for a grease fitting doesn't work with the crane eliminators because they're drilled down the center. If you have Solid arms, you'll be able to see why this won't work. I just drilled the top of my solid caps and added a fitting in the center.

Thanks! Might just have to pull the trigger on the spring elimniators.... thanks for the heads up on the grease fitting.

Just as a follow up for others...

I recently installed the crane king pin spring eliminators in my solid knuckles/solid steer arm combo. Install was a breeze and everything fit like a glove. Put in new kingpin bushings at the same time and didn't have to use any shims from the kit. Front end feels much more solid now.