• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some advice please! ford np205 to turbo 400 ... Lil help on this combo..

kushKrawlin

Just tryin to figure out the best way to go about this. Have heard different things on this.. A buddy has these and wants to run them. He also has a Chevy 205 for parts. He was told to swap the inputs on the cases ( that they should be the same) and use a 208 adapter. I started reading and got lost. Figured I would ask some folks I trust .. Surely there's a better way than the 700 dollar kit from AA right? Any advice on this would be awesome. I'll just keep bumpin it to the top if no advice is given.. ;D
I'm kiddin. But really I know y'all know. Wata the word? As always thanks fellas!!

I run this setup with Essentially Offroads adapter . It's made of steel and can be clocked anywhere you want then you weld it. I've used it for 6 years with no issues . It was 550$ when I originally bought it

Rockwells607 said:
I run this setup with Essentially Offroads adapter . It's made of steel and can be clocked anywhere you want then you weld it. I've used it for 6 years with no issues . It was 550$ when I originally bought it

What did you do about the input, swap a Chevy 205 input into the ford case?

Re: Some advice please! ford np205 to turbo 400 ... Lil help on this combo..

Is this what you need?
6e63bd2df556b076ca17d76b2ee9b32a.jpg

Swap Chevy input into Ford case.

Use 208 adapter. One or two of the holes may be off slightly. Wallow them out if you want or just don't use one. I've done this with a TH350 and a Ford case before. It should clock the case up flat. Even if it doesn't work you have the parts already and a 208 adapter is like $30 from a scrapper.

Imy using this kit from Advanced Adapters, it was $535 to the door.

50-3206 : GM TH400 3 speed automatic transmission to the Ford NP205 transfer case,adapter kit

Ryan at he man hooked me up with a adapter that is beef, you clock it where you want and weld it.. as long as you have the big bearing ford 205 you can swap the Chevy 32 spline input bearing.. I think the Ford is a 31 spline.. but there is a input that the case has to be ground out a Lil bit.. I highly recommend he man for the awesome work and it's a Lil cheaper than everywhere I checked..

iron lotus said:
Ryan at he man hooked me up with a adapter that is beef, you clock it where you want and weld it.. as long as you have the big bearing ford 205 you can swap the Chevy 32 spline input bearing.. I think the Ford is a 31 spline.. but there is a input that the case has to be ground out a Lil bit.. I highly recommend he man for the awesome work and it's a Lil cheaper than everywhere I checked..

There is no big or little bearing Ford 205. Chevy has the big and little bore cases. All Ford 205's are 31-spline, the same as the big-bore Chevy case, and will fit the big Chevy inputs.

Gotcha, I thought one had a smaller bearing version but wasn't sure if it was ford or chevy..

Kush, it has been 10 years since I did it but I finally found my write-up on it. I think I steered you wrong, I did use a spud shaft.

http://www.patooyee.com/350toford205/350toford205b.htm

But there was a round-pattern Chevy 205 adapter to a TH400 that did not use a spud shaft. The round pattern is nearly the same / workable on the Ford 205. Thus, with the correct factory adapter I still am certain this can be done without a spud shaft and without an expensive aftermarket adapter.

Basically the Ford case with an Chevy input, lengthwise, would be the same as a Chevy case with a Chevy input. All that would vary would be the clocking of the bolt pattern.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Severe derail, but those are the best, longest lasting pair of welding gloves I have ever owned.
Yea, I used to pipeline weld and they are the best gloves ever. I have a large stockpile now.

if you need/work out? i put a behemoth tcase in my for the adapter between the chevy tranny and ford tcase,, i also used a 32 spline input in the ford 205, about $750 for tcase and spline input, to the door.

bigs10blazer said:
if you need/work out? i put a behemoth tcase in my for the adapter between the chevy tranny and ford tcase,, i also used a 32 spline input in the ford 205, about $750 for tcase and spline input, to the door.

Behomoth went bankrupt after ****ing many customers out of thousands of dollars and never providing product.

Re:

I'm running th350 to f205 with the 208 adapter with aa spud shaft between. Feel free to come take a look. It's currently apart for the next wk

would a 700/241 adapter work to mount the Ford 205 to a the TH400? I have several of them in my garage and I'm thinking about replacing my 700/241 with a 400/ Ford205

onepieceatatime said:
would a 700/241 adapter work to mount the Ford 205 to a the TH400? I have several of them in my garage and I'm thinking about replacing my 700/241 with a 400/ Ford205

No. 700 has a different tailhousing bolt pattern than a TH400.