• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some advice please! ford np205 to turbo 400 ... Lil help on this combo..

Re:

Bringing this back up because I think my 700 needs to come out and I'm thinking of finding a 400 and putting the 205 I have laying in the garage behind it. I've got a 6.0/5.13/43s. Am I gonna have enough gear? Been running a 700/241 and first low is a little too low it seems for most things but I'm afraid a 400/205 will change it more than I want. Most trails up here in Ohio use a good but of wheel speed so I think it would be fine up here but maybe not elsewhere the few times I get to head farther south.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I'm thinking of finding a 400 and putting the 205 I have laying in the garage behind it. I've got a 6.0/5.13/43s. Am I gonna have enough gear? Been running a 700/241 and first low is a little too low it seems for most things but I'm afraid a 400/205 will change it more than I want. Most trails up here in Ohio use a good but of wheel speed

Interested by the same question. I'm skeptical but you never know, people's experience might be different

Maybe you should try the 400/241 before going to the 400/205. It won't be such a drastic change but will give you a little higher first gear.

Re:

Blew the housing in 2 on a 241 this year and put another one back in to get me back on the trail but after having to have multiple rigs drag my dead ass back to camp I'm afraid of having a weak transfer case.

Re: Re:

Bebop said:
Interested by the same question. I'm skeptical but you never know, people's experience might be different
I don't think it'll be enough gear and I felt like some people might think it's a dumb question but I hi jacked this thread because it seems like several people have tried it and was just trying to get some feedback. I should've and probably will start my own thread on my personal situation.