• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some tow rig lovin

Hey crash, check out the rocksoliddodge steering column bushing. After doing all upgraded steering components and steering box stabilizer the bushing was the last key to the puzzle on making my 2nd gen drive amazing

Hey crash, check out the rocksoliddodge steering column bushing. After doing all upgraded steering components and steering box stabilizer the bushing was the last key to the puzzle on making my 2nd gen drive amazing

Once I get the steering parts in and installed I will check that :awesomework:

Did you get a lot of miles out of those BFGs? I ran mine for years and they didn't get that down on tread.

People have adapted a 3rd gen box to the 2nd gen. But that isn't done much anymore. The Borgeson box is a bolt on version. But without the issues. Mine looks good bolted to the frame. Wish I knew what it felt like.

I went with the Borgeson on mine, but the best thing I have done to help the steering was to install a steering box brace, that was hands down the most noticeable thing I've done yet. :awesomework:

I love it when people believe their trucks are free of problems...

None of them are problem free but the three dodges we had were horrible parts eaters in the frontend & steering.

Superduties and unit bearings are not perfect but atleast have been getting us about an 80k lifespan.

Lol. My little 98 dodge 1500 with a 318 gas motor logged 354,000 miles on the odometer before I let it overheat too far and I warpt a head or took out a gasket... Granted, there was all kinds of little issues, including steering slop... But I just dealt with it...

Then, when looking for another rig to replace it and it's usefullness, I found another 98 Dodge Ram 1500, same engine 130,000 miles for $2,500... Only thing is the trans won't go into overdrive... So I need to do a swap between the two...

Then I may gut the other truck, or make some kind of a basher wheeler with it til I break too many parts... Could always use the drivetrain in some kind of lightweight tube buggy... Or put parts into the sammi... Too many choices and not enough decisions! I've always envied those with big boy trucks... My 1500 just never compared...

3rd gen front brake upgrade

what did you think of that lukes link kit? I always just replace mine but I have a new truck for general dickery that I wouldn't mind being a cheap ass on

what did you think of that lukes link kit? I always just replace mine but I have a new truck for general dickery that I wouldn't mind being a cheap ass on

I would use it again--pretty slick and its all nice and tight now..

Luke's link isn't so much of a cheap ass alternative, as it is a good, permanent repair saving yourself the ripoff $ they charge for a complete track bar... I have been installing them for many yrs now with EXCELLENT results in longevity...:awesomework: