• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Somebody recommend me a laptop.

grcthird

Birmingham, AL
Third dell laptop in 4 years died last week. The second was totally my fault, but the last one just decided to not boot up and gave me the :flipper:
About all I use it for is surfing and posting on here. Somebody recommend me one that will last.

I prolly will never buy another Dell. I bought a Sony Vaio from Walmart brand new for like $480 out the door last year when I started back to college. My old Dell **** the bed and system restore, virus junk, spybot, etc. wouldn't fix it so I just said to hell with it and bought the Sony cuz I was wanting something newer anyway, Windows XP sucked nuts. I love Windows 7 and the Vaio has kicked ass so far. Fast as **** and came with everything I need. For easy cheap quick buy that you'll be satisfied with, I def recommend the ole Sony. I never have known anyone personally with a Sony laptop so I took a gamble when I bought it based on good online reviews. I figure Sony makes top of the line electronics like tv's and audio ****, why would their laptops be any different?

^^^just $0.02 of my biased Sony owner's firsthand opinion, I'm sure there are people out there that has had shitty luck with Sony laptops, just like every other brand....so take it fwiw :dblthumb:

Find a used Macbook or Macbook Pro. You will thank yourself in 5 years when it still runs like the day you got it. I swapped to Mac about 5 years ago and it was the best move ever.

bigsilly said:
Find a used Macbook or Macbook Pro. You will thank yourself in 5 years when it still runs like the day you got it. I swapped to Mac about 5 years ago and it was the best move ever.

This !

bigsilly said:

I've never messed with a Mac. I've always figured I wouldn't like them. Sort of like the difference between Android and iPhone. I prefer the Android os. But if ever given the chance, I'd like to check out a mac....I don't know anybody with one.

TacomaJD said:
I've never messed with a Mac. I've always figured I wouldn't like them. Sort of like the difference between Android and iPhone. I prefer the Android os. But if ever given the chance, I'd like to check out a mac....I don't know anybody with one.

They take a little bit to get use to but once you do, you will wonder why you didn't get one earlier.

After a lot of friends telling me how awesome the IPad was I finally went and bought one. It is as good as they said. Took a little getting used too at first but I must say it is very easy to use. Obviously I'm a truckdriver and so I pay bills with the iPad and check in on the forums. I like how small it is and having the 4G makes it really convenient.

ipadtampon.png

Re: Re: Somebody recommend me a laptop.

I have a macbook pro that my work provided.

It has Windows 7 on it. Also the mac OS, but I haven't used it enough to like it.

The hardware is much better than all the hp and toshiba laptops i had before.

I'm real picky about how the touch pad works (2 finger scroll, single/double click, hard v. soft click/tap). After setting this one up like I like it, I wouldn't have it any other way.

After killing Dell notebooks rapidly I bit the bullet and ordered a MacBook Pro. I got every upgrade I could including the solid state hard drive. I have had it 3 years without a single issue. It doesn't lock up, I have never had a virus and it still runs fast. I run Parallels on it so I have a virtual windows machine inside it and can toggle back and forth between OS. I will not go back to a PC, the Mac surpassed any other notebook I've had 2 years ago and I have yet to even consider a replacement.

Well, I finally got another one. Wife got me an HP for Christmas! :woot: I know, I know nothing to be excited about, but after posting on the android phone for 9 months, I'm pretty happy to be typing on a real keyboard.

Now, if I can just figure this windows 8 out...

I have been using a HP Probook or about a year or more for work and home. It gets assaulted by extream temperature, dust and a couple drops. Holding up good so far.
Sounds like having a wife is working out pretty good. :dblthumb: