• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Southwest companion pass

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
Anyone done this? Not even sure Southwest airlines is a big thing down that way. I enjoy their service, and just switched my business card and personal card to SW cards. For signing up and spending 3K in 3 months you get 60k bonus points. Personal card, sign up and spend 1k in 3 months, 40K points. 100k out of the gate likely in under a month. You need 110k points to get the companion pass. So if you're at 100k points, spend another 10K within a year and you have the pass. Also, you have 110k points to burn. And had to spend $14K to get there. If your business spends several grand a month like mine does on product that gets paid off every month, it is a no brainer. Probably don't go into debt to get the pass laughing1. The pass is good for the rest of the year you started in, plus the next calendar year. So I signed up now, get my cards at the beginning of the year, spend $14K between the 2 cards, the rest of 2017 after I hit that threshold she gets to go where I go as well as all of 2018.
What this is is you buy a ticket, and your one chosen companion that you have to stick with the entirety of the program flies for $5.65. Like $11 round trip for them to go where you go. A couple of my buddies have done it and take their wives with all over. The 110k points is good for about 8 round trips to cheap places (for me this is vegas, ATL, Dallas, Houston to see Wyatt, stuff like that) or 4 ish kickass trips like Cancun, PRC, etc. After that, you buy a ticket, she gets a ticket for $11 there and back.
If your situation fits as mine did ($5k in product I already needed every month the vendor will let me pay with CC/no penalty) and if you can use SWA as a carrier, it is a way to travel very cheaply.

SWA is by far one of the better airlines for rewards actually netting you some decent trips or perks. On flights alone I'm AList just
about every year and use the personal card for my expenses every month. Between Southwest and Marriott/SPG I haven't paid for a personal flight out of pocket in a few years, same goes for hotel rooms, and have cashed points in on some pretty cool gifts or gift cards to get **** I would normally not buy for myself.

I have thought about it but I fly maybe once a year and rarely twice a year. Now my father in law does exactly as you have for his restaurant.

Right now I'm suing Capital One Sparks that's 2% cash back.

I charge $200k-$250k a year to my Delta AMEX which also gives me a companion pass.

My main card is cash back, though. Alliant Credit Union. 3% cash back on any purchase.