• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spare tire issue

tall boy

Recently went to a 42 inch Krawler on the Jeep. I still have my spare 39 Krawler in the garage.

Anyone ever gone riding with one tire a different size? Is that the worst idea in the world to keep the 39 in case I an on a trip and get a flat on the 42's?

One tire will have more revolutions than the other. If open, no problem. If locked, probably will "release / pop" some. If spooled or welded, it is going to push bad. If welded / spooled on one end only, run different sizes on the other end. Do not hit pavement, as stuff needs to slip in this senerio.

I'd sell the 39 and buy a swamper that was the same height to use as a spare. The smaller tire will get you off the trail or out of the woods, but will become an issue if you want to keep wheeling.

JohnG said:
One tire will have more revolutions than the other. If open, no problem. If locked, probably will "release / pop" some. If spooled or welded, it is going to push bad. If welded / spooled on one end only, run different sizes on the other end. Do not hit pavement, as stuff needs to slip in this senerio.

this!

personally you're better off buying a cheap 42 of something to get closer in size

rajincajingt said:
single tires in this size are pretty hard to find

My buddy may have a couple of 42-17 well worn tsls in the Columbia / Franklin TN area. I know that 1-2 of them prolly need to be vulcanized.

Thanks guys!

JRowe I'll get your info from Sam to see if your buddy will sell me one. I'm Bart btw.