• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spare tire mounting

skipnrocks

So I carry a spare for my buggy and a spare for my trailer everywhere we go. I usually mount them on the tongue of the trailer but it's hard to get the tires up and down. So curious if anyone has used a better method to mount below the deck or some place else.

Weld a up right post on the front of the trailer and stand the buggy tire up. My buddy had one mounted on an extra 60 hub was a good setup. I will see if I can find a pic.

I just always strapped mine down and drove over it

Wonder how a couple of these would work. Keep my tires out of the sun?
e6e85a0f6882ee96d7f74045bc64cf74.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Or this would be easy to build. With a full width trailer could probably have room for the trailer tire too on the same mount.
835bd0f1e83411c6f8ee65fbf327c964.jpg

There are some nice stake pocket style ones. They are removable. Not sure what kind of trailer you have. Pj makes a nice one

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

SBJeepn said:
Wonder how a couple of these would work. Keep my tires out of the sun?
e6e85a0f6882ee96d7f74045bc64cf74.jpg

I picked up one of these from a Dodge pickup at the junkyard for mine. Works great

bgredjeep said:
I picked up one of these from a Dodge pickup at the junkyard for mine. Works great

I have one that I will sell if anybody wants it. Removed from a brand new truck.

The winch up ones I personally wouldnt do. We were coming back from AOP a couple years ago and the guy in front of me his came out from under his truck. The crimp on the end broke off is the best we can guess. Tire came out from under the truck, went under the trailer bending both axles flipped up and broke about half the boards behind the axles came out from under it bouncing down the freeway. Thankfully no one hit it and it went rolling off the side of the road. I almost got it. But yeah I dont trust those anymore.

jeeptj99 said:
The winch up ones I personally wouldnt do. We were coming back from AOP a couple years ago and the guy in front of me his came out from under his truck. The crimp on the end broke off is the best we can guess. Tire came out from under the truck, went under the trailer bending both axles flipped up and broke about half the boards behind the axles came out from under it bouncing down the freeway. Thankfully no one hit it and it went rolling off the side of the road. I almost got it. But yeah I dont trust those anymore.

I did add a small chain as a safety on mine just in case because I was concerned about what you described.

bgredjeep said:
I did add a small chain as a safety on mine just in case because I was concerned about what you described.

It scared the absolute **** out of me. I did that to mine. Theres a cross member there on my truck i just did a bike cable with a lock that's keyed to my trailer lock.