• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spin off of the tie down thread

al1tonyota

Who all has had a vehicle fall off the trailer from not tying it down 8 ways plus safety chains back up straps and a force field around their rig?

I do know someone that had 1 strap on each end, warped around axles that loaded up on a very cold morning, there must have been a thin cover of ice on the trailer, he went around a sharp corner and ended up with a tire hanging off the trailer.

Can we talk force field tech? I'm interested in learning more about what people are using ... can I build my own force field on a budget using an old flux capacitor that I have laying around?

Never known anyone personally to lose one off a trailer.....

But we have had issues strapping and keeping straps tights on Rzrs when loaded sideways on a gooseneck. Seems no matter how tight you pull them down the suspension still squats enough on bumps to let the strap ends come loose.

hokie_yj said:
No, your flux capacitor won't work in this application. You're going to have to find a Continum Transfunctioner.

What makes and models would I look for in the junk yard for a suitable continuum transfunctioner?

We were coming back from SMORR and a friend had the front strap break and he had left it in neutral and it rolled back. Thankfully his spare had shifted behind one of the front tires and stopped it from coming completely off the trailer. He now uses chains.

I have seen many straps come off of rzr's I feel it's because of their soft long travel suspensions but a rig tied down to the axles? Seems the best thing to do to keep a gayzr on a trailer is some kind of net over the whole thing that should keep beer cans and yeti's safer also!

al1tonyota said:
I have seen many straps come off of rzr's I feel it's because of their soft long travel suspensions but a rig tied down to the axles? Seems the best thing to do to keep a gayzr on a trailer is some kind of net over the whole thing that should keep beer cans and yeti's safer also!

Why tie down gayzers, there under warranty. :stir:

al1tonyota said:
some kind of net over the whole thing

Yo know those little nets that come in the back of some SUVs? I'm going to zip-tie a bunch together and try that with my buggy. I figure its cheaper than a force field and will be just as effective. There's not many '72-1/3 Daewoo Sport Hatchbacks in yards near me. :)

al1tonyota said:
Was thinking more like the nets humv's drop ship in! :eat:

Even fewer of those in yards. :)

Although combined with some camo netting maybe it would hide the buggy well enough to keep every red neck at the gas stations from telling me about their uncle's CJ5 that he built in 1985 that could stomp my buggy's ass in every facet of life.

Had some friends show up to an event with their redneck hauler (gooseneck with slide-in camper on front) and FJ40 behind it. Got to the park and the straps had come aloose and played knock knock jokes the whole trip with the camper door. beat the piss outta the camper door.

I can't help but feel that all I've ever strapped on was only half ass'd molaugh I strap my tractor down with the same two straps in the same manner :****:

patooyee said:
I'm going to zip-tie a bunch together and try that with my buggy. I figure its cheaper than a force field and will be just as effective.

We had some nice 1/2" wide ones when I was a sheriff's deputy that would work great