• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spring snow bashing trip!(pics and video)

MT894runner

We went on an awesome snow wheelin trip today. Had the first flop of the year and my first de beaded tire.:redneck: It was great fun! Got a lot of awesome pics so enjoy.:corn:

We got to the first trailhead and it was closed. So we went to a mountain pass that's guaranteed to have snow.
424693198_9546a30f5d_b.jpg

Stopping to let andys cow toyota cool down.
424693201_b6d6157879_b.jpg

350 toyota with snow on the radiator.
424693208_d324d59b57_b.jpg

The first obstacle a river with snow crossing. we know the owner of this land so ha!
424693224_85af2fe947_b.jpg

424720465_d769583855_b.jpg

Spinning the tires hard.
424693242_bd182d9a78_b.jpg

Blue toyota having fun.
424700462_f1fe01d102_b.jpg

Andy flopped his yota going to high on the wall.
424700476_8aa87e681d_b.jpg

424700490_37261f6b31_b.jpg

424700508_4f8c80e024_b.jpg

424700511_d66253edb8_b.jpg

424706681_8d460e09a4_b.jpg

Blue yota getting good air.
424706684_9e6a5765a6_b.jpg

4runner spinnin the tires in the snow.
424706686_b556aa61b0_b.jpg

and got stuck in the wet heavy snow.
424706698_3517ede166_b.jpg

4runner snow bustin
424706730_514329a917_b.jpg

424706734_6dce7e65f4_b.jpg

toyotas rule the snow
424720416_02b9102113_b.jpg

I need beadlocks. It took forever to get the tire seated because we had a wussy compressor and no starting fluid.
424720418_7d02980818_b.jpg

At the last snow drift crossing i got stuck major in really deep heavy snow. broke my tow rope also.
424720460_8070d73ba9_b.jpg

it was a great day. I learned I need internal beadlocks and a nice air compressor.

Heres the videos
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=28961796331207659
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6555970500253006867
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6148127685734810347
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4908788201474374113
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4104249513742800381

Last edited:
crash said:
Looks like fun but got a quick question. Those medows are on private land?

I believe that's what he said.
Sure wish we could get away with running no rear anything fender wise here. can you say DD buggy:D

crash said:
Looks like fun but got a quick question. Those medows are on private land?

private or public land, pics like that are gonna hurt the wheelin community. I'm not sayin it's fair, but that's the way it is sometimes

the tree huggers would have a field day with those :stirpot:

archer1965 said:
private or public land, pics like that are gonna hurt the wheelin community. I'm not sayin it's fair, but that's the way it is sometimes

the tree huggers would have a field day with those :stirpot:

I see your point chad but...
what about pics from like cranberry lake when they are shooting thru the mud. What about somebody at a comp where you see somebody doing burnouts? They too can be taken outa context like anything.

**** the tree huggers, we cant run and hide and tuck our tales. A fellow offroader stated its on private land and knows the owner, now they are sharing their pictures with us, No harm in that.

The tree huggers can lick the sweat from my gooch. :puke:

snwbrdpunk16 said:
**** the tree huggers, we cant run and hide and tuck our tales. A fellow offroader stated its on private land and knows the owner, now they are sharing their pictures with us, No harm in that.

The tree huggers can lick the sweat from my gooch. :puke:

X100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :stirpot:

Unfortunatly their kicking our ass not kissing it. Heres an example of how they work. A couple of years ago I was sitting in on a hearing reviewing a proposal by the WTA (washington trails assoc.)to create trail corriders. What they were proposing is to keep everything senic that was in view of a trail. So if you could see it from the trail it had to be senic. No logging or mining allowed withen the view of a trail. This plan already had great momentom up to this hearing and I honestly feel it could have went on to be rule if i hadnt been there to question their "proof" Jonathan Guzzo (now WTA lawyer and leader) Had this killer powerpoint presentation showing pretty views and animals galore. (typ, hype) then he got to the logging pictures and raped lands. As I was watching this I noticed something odd about the pics???? The logging practices didnt look familiar. So I asked where these pics were taken? In fact I asked several times before the committe chair also started to wonder why they were skirting the question with ambigous (sp) answers. So he broke down and admited the pics were from New Zealand and in fact the logging practices there were " a little" looser than here. Luckily their little trick didnt work and The plan moved no farther. My point here is be careful what you post you never know how it will be used:booo:

crash said:
what about pics from like cranberry lake when they are shooting thru the mud. What about somebody at a comp where you see somebody doing burnouts? They too can be taken outa context like anything.

Do the pics of cranberry or any comp show someone wheeling around a locked(closed) gate even flopping doing so? It looks bad even if they had permission and if they had permission why was the gate closed(locked)? Just wondering. No matter what we do pics can be taken out of context. We do however have to make it more difficult for that to happen.

Around here they still log trails that we go on. They can destroy trees but we can't go on a few trails.:wtf: They have allready drove D9 cats down a few trails and completely destroyed them, which impacts more than that one area of forest. It wasn't even a trail that was all that haggard at all. So we really need an offroad park, but don't know if that will ever happen. Even though there are a lot of wheelers and people with a lot of money around here.:mad:

MT894runner said:
Around here they still log trails that we go on. They can destroy trees but we can't go on a few trails.:wtf: They have allready drove D9 cats down a few trails and completely destroyed them, which impacts more than that one area of forest. It wasn't even a trail that was all that haggard at all. So we really need an offroad park, but don't know if that will ever happen. Even though there are a lot of wheelers and people with a lot of money around here.:mad:

Oh trust me they do it here too:mad: I cant count how many times we have had to rebuild trails after they used them for skid roads or worse yet tunrned them into roads. We have got smarter thogh and by being involved in the logging contract process we are able to ensure that the trails are put back. Part of the method of doing this is to (by working with the FS) is to use public funding to build or maintain the trail. The govt, is then somewhat trapped to make sure that the investment is protected.

MT894runner said:
The road was washed out past the gate. But we did have permission.:cheer:

I believe you but its not whats important. The image of it is bad and would be oh so easy to use against us:booo:

pokey said:
I believe you but its not whats important. The image of it is bad and would be oh so easy to use against us:booo:

How i know what you mean, and believe u. I just find it compeltey ****ed up that they would use these images against us? they trying to say what we can and cant do on private property?

snwbrdpunk16 said:
How i know what you mean, and believe u. I just find it compeltey ****ed up that they would use these images against us? they trying to say what we can and cant do on private property?

this is the truly evil monster that we battle with. These people have absolutly no scruples what so ever and will do anything to get what they want (no motorized use in any forest):mad:

crash said:

I can't argue with you Crash. these guys had permission from the land owner so they've done nothing wrong. IMHO, it just doesn't seem right to tear up a meadow, private land or not.

Last edited:
All right that's enough thread jacking. if you want to talk about land use go somewhere else. Half of the posts so far have been land use issues. This is a snow wheelin trip report, not a debate. Thank You.:D