• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
truckbroke said:
but the wheeling part of me just wants the races to kinda Stop Growing and not get anymore main stream.

IMO opinion the only people who "love" racing are the competators, the people making money off it, & the fair weather fans.

Fact: Youtube has & will kill offroading as we knew it

truckbroke said:
"Lots of stuff is already happening!!!! Several parks are feeling the insurance squeeze, insurance companys are starting to see more and more vids of this sport and the parks are feeling it!! This happens with most anything that grows as fast as this has."

This is exactly what I`m scared of about the whole racing series period... I don`t mind watching it every now and again but, really I like wheeling way more than I like sitting around watching one buggy after the other run up a hill over and over. It worries me that there`s gonna be some crazy wreck that kills some people and its gonna hit all over the news just like the big jump at Gray rock and the insurance companies are gonna be like "**** this" bam insurance hikes. Then the parks start closing. I understand that in the same since the races bring good money to the parks and the towns but the wheeling part of me just wants the races to kinda Stop Growing and not get anymore main stream.

I talk to tons of park owners and haven't heard much lately about insurance issues other than it is flat out expensive to begin with. You really think the insurance companies just sit around and watch youtube videos? Sounds like a fun job!

Wishing it would stop growing is silly. The reach of the racing and the sport is going to grow Ten Fold in 2016. But it will be done correctly, with the right safety in place for the fans and the drivers.

muddinmetal said:
IMO opinion the only people who "love" racing are the competators, the people making money off it, & the fair weather fans.

Fact: Youtube has & will kill offroading as we knew it

Have you even been to a race lately? If people didn't enjoy it they would stop showing up by the thousands......

If youtube kills offroading it won't be on me. It will be that jackwagon with his Iphone that posts the wrong video if something happens. i would never post a video that would be detrimental to this sport, even if I thought it would get millions of views.

truckbroke said:
"Lots of stuff is already happening!!!! Several parks are feeling the insurance squeeze, insurance companys are starting to see more and more vids of this sport and the parks are feeling it!! This happens with most anything that grows as fast as this has."

This is exactly what I`m scared of about the whole racing series period... I don`t mind watching it every now and again but, really I like wheeling way more than I like sitting around watching one buggy after the other run up a hill over and over. It worries me that there`s gonna be some crazy wreck that kills some people and its gonna hit all over the news just like the big jump at Gray rock and the insurance companies are gonna be like "**** this" bam insurance hikes. Then the parks start closing. I understand that in the same since the races bring good money to the parks and the towns but the wheeling part of me just wants the races to kinda Stop Growing and not get anymore main stream.

You sir are correct as for insurance premiums sky rocketing. Why? Because they can, just like any other form of recreation that exudes an adrenaline rush. Is it all due to the racing series growing in popularity? No. Parks have been closing all over the country due to greedy insurance companies wanting their piece of the action and POS attorneys looking for a buck. Races or no races. Mountainside in Gadsden Alabama is a prime example of a popular place that was squeezed till it couldn't give no more and had to surrender. The premiums these parks pays to let us have some fun is exorbitant and just goes to show you how these owners are putting there livelihood on the line every time we show up and sign on the bottom line and pay our dues. Has racing accelerated this premium? Yes, probably more so than just more trail riding, but every time you hear the pop of a can of Keystone opened, that premium is about to increase. "Hold my beer, watch this" . Am I just as responsible for this as all others? Yes, this is an escape for me to get out and pound on some rocks or just hang out with friends, new and old ones. IT is what we do and enjoy it whether it's riding or racing, but what we need to improve upon is our SAFETY, whichever we are doing but can never be enough. If you count the people that have been killed or injured racing versus riding, you would see the scales tipped towards the trail riding. It's just the cold hard facts that racing employees more safety precautions and pre checks whereas riding is self monitored.
As for what SRRS is trying to employee here, could be a great thing or just overkill possibly. No matter what comes out of this, at least someone is looking out for you as the spectator or as the driver. Just think what it would be like if guys like Clyde didn't worry about details such as safety. How many parks would still be open? Maybe none, then where would we be? Just food for thought and my opinion not meant to be :stir:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
If youtube kills offroading it won't be on me. It will be that jackwagon with his Iphone that posts the wrong video if something happens. i would never post a video that would be detrimental to this sport, even if I thought it would get millions of views.

I 100% believe you, because you understand this sport needs to be protected to grow properly

CHASMAN9 said:
If you count the people that have been killed or injured racing versus riding, you would see the scales tipped towards the trail riding. It's just the cold hard facts that racing employees more safety precautions and pre checks whereas riding is self monitored.

Valid Point.

Re: Re: Re:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Where are you from California? We don't race or ride on Government land in the East. They took all that away thanks to the Trout Fishermen than logged the place for profit....... Closest we have to that is Stoney and Harlan.

I take offense to the trout fisherman comment. Been fishing Tellico since I was 12 and own a cabin in Green Cove. I have not talked to one Trout Unlimited guy saying that was the reason I could be wrong but that's just from what I hear. They all think it got pinned on them just so they could log it. I think it was due to the trash being left behind on the trails and campsites and cutting trails when the rules clearly said no trail blazing. I remember on clean up days the wardens would be up there helping out. Yeah the silt runoff was a problem at one time, but that was fixed years ago. Like my father in law says "those g@# damn buggies ain't what closed Tellico, those are hatchery fish that get put in every week" he has been a native of Tellico since he was 15 and is now 54. I go up almost every weekend and fish and just ride to where the trails used to be, always saying man I wish I could ride this place again.

Anyways SAFETY is always and will always need to be addressed more and more as this SPORT grows, if a series requires the little boxes then get one. If you cant afford it rent one, if you don't want to rent one don't race simple as that. Plenty of other series that don't require them that would love to have racers show up. I look for all the series to get on the same page as far as safety goes within the next year, same as the winch deal put one on your buggy or don't race. Anyways carry on with the bitching and ****. Just wanted to hit at Matt for a minute :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I talk to tons of park owners and haven't heard much lately about insurance issues other than it is flat out expensive to begin with. You really think the insurance companies just sit around and watch youtube videos? Sounds like a fun job!

Wishing it would stop growing is silly. The reach of the racing and the sport is going to grow Ten Fold in 2016. But it will be done correctly, with the right safety in place for the fans and the drivers.

Never said i wish it would stop growing, simply stated that anything that blows up at the rate it has comes wirh growing pains.

No i dont think agents sit and watch youtube, they dont have to, its everywhere now!! And i know of 3 differnt owners who have felt the rise in price in the past few months. Its going to hapoen as it continues to grow. Everyone wants a piece of the pie until there is none left.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Have you even been to a race lately? If people didn't enjoy it they would stop showing up by the thousands......

What about this video? This is the first video you or Madram posted i thought shouldnt be posted. And it goes back to the safety thing. Granted dude shouldnt have been where he was but still. This video didnt do anything to help the offroad community.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MZAwifsHdFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

muddinmetal said:
Does anyone think insurance may be the reason there are no comps at Morris Mountain these days :dunno:

These days? No, it closed years ago due to insurance costs and yes I do believe someone died there. :****:

Not in an accident, he was stung by a yellow jacket. Anything can happen at any time. Very sorry to the person but was doing what he loved. Wheeling with friends.

CHASMAN9 said:
These days? No, it closed years ago due to insurance costs and yes I do believe someone died there. :****:

Not in an accident, he was stung by a yellow jacket. Anything can happen at any time. Very sorry to the person but was doing what he loved. Wheeling with friends.

Morris Mountain

So motocross has been around a LONG time.. Makes me wonder how there's any left? If the safety thing is what closes parks and kills the "sport". They have to get hurt more often.. And yet they still ride.. Which I have in the past and never wanna see any of the fun **** get taken away. I mean, that oiece of paper we all sign to get in a pArk must do some good! if not someone would have been done sued Durham town. That whole operation is absolutely amazing !!! Just was reading all this wondering why the hell someone gettin hurt would just be the end of all off roading ... (Kinda the idea I get from reading some post). Hope yall are doin great today.. :smoke:

jeeptj99 said:
What about this video? This is the first video you or Madram posted i thought shouldnt be posted. And it goes back to the safety thing. Granted dude shouldnt have been where he was but still. This video didnt do anything to help the offroad community.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MZAwifsHdFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No one was injured. Just a public service announcement to find a better place to park, and if you do park somewhere dumb don't get pissed when a RZR lands on your rig. Its not like I showed someone getting knocked unconscious....

BustedKnucklefilms said:
No one was injured. Just a public service announcement to find a better place to park, and if you do park somewhere dumb don't get pissed when a RZR lands on your rig. Its not like I showed someone getting knocked unconscious....

Right no one got seriously hurt but what about the stupid whitetrashness that went along with it in the screaming and cussing?

Has anything ever brought more bullshit drama to our sport and forum than the racers and promotors of srrs?

muddinmetal said:
Morris Mountain

Sorry, old blonde moment and read it wrong. Not picking at you, just was another bad day for the wheeling community. thumb.gif

On a serious note, not just stirring the pot...it was asked earlier and that video brings it back to the forefront. Does SRRS plan to continue the rzr series next year, and if so, will they require kill boxes as well? If not, what makes them different? If anything, I feel that they are more likely to get away from someone because usually (not always) by the time someone can afford to have a kill killer and has bought one, they have substantial seat time. The same thing absolutely can NOT be said for a rzr and what it takes to get it into the race series.

I am not trying to turn this into the Sydney Rockwell "How young is too young?" debate again. Just looking for concise answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts