• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stak of chit

Re:

No there not in business any more. I believe twf did buy the stack design and built the hero case from it. But I could be wrong.

TWF has nothing to do with Skat. They talked early on but that was it. The hero case is 100% ground up built. Andrew will probably chime in, but this is what he told me.

Re:

What parts are you looking for Will? I would like to get my hands on the repair shaft, but TWF sold out of them.

Got a whole case minus a output shaft TWF bought all the design patients but as far as I know they will not build any more parts for the stak cases. I tried to get em to build me an output shaft instead bought a hero from them and can't be happier

My honest opinion stak is a much better built case than an atlas they did have a problem jumping out of gear on some cases it happened to me once on my run up cable at first Srrs race this year. There is a guy on pirate that was making the detents shaft to fix that problem for like 200$ A lot of people hated stak think more so for the way they handled business but I think they had a damn good product just shitty management. But with the hero out I don't think you can go wrong excellent customer service and I had very fast shipping received my case in less than a week and they had to cut gears for it top notch people there for sure But that is a completely different subject. My stak was a three speed monster box and it was heavy as ****

NTIDWELL said:
Got a whole case minus a output shaft TWF bought all the design patients but as far as I know they will not build any more parts for the stak cases. I tried to get em to build me an output shaft instead bought a hero from them and can't be happier
They should've agreed to build you an output if you bought a hero. Just sayin

Re:

I messaged that guy, he sold all the ones he had made to TWF, they sold out, and said they had no plans for another run of them. Maybe if a few folks asked we could get another short run of them.

Batmobile Will said:
Yeah when I built my buggy I planed on ordering a stak but could not even get someone on the phone to take my order so went with Atlas !!! Glad they didn't answer I would be stuck with a case I could not get parts for
. At the time you built your buggy you would've paid em and waited for 5 months and never seen your money or product that's where the shitty part of them came in and the returns where even worse When I ordered my hero Andy told me twf was no longer making any parts for the stak. I understand why they wouldn't I mean why would a company trying to sell cases build parts for another cutting down sells of his own case

Batmobile Will said:
Just got a chance to buy one that guy is having problems with it jumping out of gear but if I can't buy parts I think it's junk what he has ! Unless I can buy yours cheap and maybe build one out of 2

ratchet stap is the fix ive seen many times... looks stupid but works like a charm..

If one wanted to do air shifters they should also hold it in gear. No ratchet strap required. :)

Re:

TBItoy said:
If I ever get around to using my 3spd, I'm going to build locking shifters for it.

As far as I know/heard the 3 speed didn't have the pop out problem. It was just a few of the early 2 speeds. I got lucky and had one in a jeep. I had some cheap dirt track twin shifters set up on it, nothing would keep it from popping out. Straps wouldn't come close. It would only pop out on a down grade with the motor holding back. Never had a problem climbing. But when it did jump out it sounded like hell comes loose haha. A new shaft eventually fixed it.

Re: Re: Stak of chit

patooyee said:
If one wanted to do air shifters they should also hold it in gear. No ratchet strap required. :)
How much pressure will they apply holding and while shifting? Marks rig is a lil hard to shift when disconnecting the rear. Will the air shift jam it or will the he have to rock the jeep to get it in gear?

Re: Re:

whiskeymakin said:
As far as I know/heard the 3 speed didn't have the pop out problem. It was just a few of the early 2 speeds. I got lucky and had one in a jeep. I had some cheap dirt track twin shifters set up on it, nothing would keep it from popping out. Straps wouldn't come close. It would only pop out on a down grade with the motor holding back. Never had a problem climbing. But when it did jump out it sounded like hell comes loose haha. A new shaft eventually fixed it.
The 3 spds did too.

Of course Dana 300s and 205s pop out too sometimes.

Hell I've even had a yota case that pops out. The tits on the shift ring were wore off.

Bigcountry34 on here bought it from me and had the shaft fixed. Contact him or he will chime in maybe on who he got the upgraded shaft from