• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

State Forest Pass

With references to putting the plate number on the pass, unlike the forest pass it sounds like you will need one for every vehicle you intend to use.

The question is, can you volunteer away the purchase price. 40hrs times 4 isn't that hard to do.

so, in other words, its gonna cost me over 100 bucks in passes just to go wheeling?

and 40 x 4 is very hard to do.
thats over a month of work.

Here's a interesting quote...
(2) The legislature further finds that the recreating public cannot readily discern which agency of the state is responsible for the management of particular state lands or which policies apply to those lands.

So they're telling us the reason for one pass for all agencies is because we don't have a way to know the difference between DNR and state parks..........
Perfect!!.....When I get my pass I'm going straight to the nearest state park to wheel. Clearly I have no way to know if I were in the wrong.:awesomework:

so, in other words, its gonna cost me over 100 bucks in passes just to go wheeling?

and 40 x 4 is very hard to do.
thats over a month of work.

Remember this isn't the final draft. This was discussed at the focus group meeting and they didn't have a straight answer for us. I would suggest if this is a concern contact senator Ranker and explain the issue.:awesomework:

So is this in any relation to the State of washington recreational use permit I get with my fishing/hunting license? Being the general public I have no disernable insight as to what land i'm on currently while recreating. :booo:

Also...
Vehicles that are not required to be licensed by the department of licensing for highway use are exempt from the requirements of this section.

This is only for street plated vehicles......Looks like it's time to drop the plates from the buggy.

So is this in any relation to the State of washington recreational use permit I get with my fishing/hunting license? Being the general public I have no disernable insight as to what land i'm on currently while recreating. :booo:

The way I understand it the new pass will take the place of the old one.

The way I understand it the new pass will take the place of the old one.

Ok thanks. And really that ones "complimentary" when you get those licenses. I just wonder how this stuff will get incorporated into the different disiplines price wise...:eeek:

Ok thanks. And really that ones "complimentary" when you get those licenses. I just wonder how this stuff will get incorporated into the different disiplines price wise...:eeek:

Me not being a hunter I don't know what the current system is so I can't really compair the two.

I think we might be getting two passes mixed up. There is a Northwest Forest Pass issued by the FS for forest service land, that has to be displayed at posted sites. Wa state issues a motor vehicle use permit (usually w/ hunting/fishing licenses) for state rec sites that are posted.

Latest posts