• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

staun internal beadlock

i put them on a rig i just built cause the customer requested them and they are actually working great for him. he doesnt ***** foot around either.

X2 with deerlick, there are some who think they are in the know, but actualy just listen to other ramblins and think they are in the know...In other words talk to those that use the Stauns and see what they say for accurate info.:eeek:

I do not run Stauns but I have heard that crap can still work its way into the bead of your tire even with them.

Never seen it, so it is heresy.

Plus with a beadlock you get alot more strength on the edge of the wheel. I have literally seen slivers of crap peel of my beadlock rings in the rocks....

x7.345

If you plan at all to run in the rocks...and by run I mean do any serious crawling, then you should consider this as the biggest PLUS ONE for running traditional BL's. Deform wheel lip and see how well the Staun holds.

aired down they spin and rip the stems off. dont be different dude, go with the norm.:awesomework:

If it was spinning then they probably didn't have the Staun aired up correctly. I have seen the Staun byself ran with the tire completely shreaded :;

I have seen them used in comps all year with out major problems. Like others have said though it wouldn't help from keeping that branch out of your rim or your rim getting chewed up in the rocks.

I run internal beadlock, not stauns. I also have rock rings welded on the outside of the rim. I have even seen re-bar used for a rock ring.

so what you are saying is do both internal and regular beed locks then i can pull the core in the snow and not swet it.:awesomework:

A friend of mine just went back to beadlocks after having Stauns for 2+ years. At first everything was Ok but after about a year he started losing air as stitching was failing in the Stauns. He replaced a couple (Staun covered the warranty) but then he had more failures. I talked with him last weekend after seeing him with beadlocks and specifically asked "would you recommend Stauns for the average trail guy?". He said absolutely not. The warranty is good but the damn things are such a PITA who wants to replace them???

Another arguement for conventional (rim pinch) beadlocks is tire mounting. The clamp side rim diameter is reduced, (at least on Trail Readys) and the tire can be pushed on the rim by hand without spoons.

X2 with deerlick, there are some who think they are in the know, but actualy just listen to other ramblins and think they are in the know...In other words talk to those that use the Stauns and see what they say for accurate info.:eeek:

Well people in the know have seen too many failures of the Stauns to want them. I'll take a regular beadlock anyday over the Stauns. In my club there are about 8 people who run Stauns. So far I have seen 6 failures in the past year. And this isn't built to the hilt rigs. Talking normal Jeeps and every time it has been a ripped valve stem. Don't know they why or how but I don't like'um.

Well people in the know have seen too many failures of the Stauns to want them. I'll take a regular beadlock anyday over the Stauns. In my club there are about 8 people who run Stauns. So far I have seen 6 failures in the past year. And this isn't built to the hilt rigs. Talking normal Jeeps and every time it has been a ripped valve stem. Don't know they why or how but I don't like'um.

The tire spins on the rim and catches the tube liner and the tube liner spins the tube.

Mechanical anything rules.

In my current build project, I opted for Trailready beadlocks and RADs. The Staun never entered any serious considerations due to the cost and reputation, and the fact I wanted RADs. Plus, if you don't like professionally set-up beadlocks like Trailready or Walker Evans - it's quite easy to resell them. Anyhow, I sent my wheels to Trailready and got them welded up (thanks to Mauler) quick and cheap. Then I added RADs for convienence.

Are those the chrome owns from a year(or more?) ago? You think ahead!

Yeah... It wasn't supposed to take so long, but the Atlas was backordered for a little over 7 months because it was a 10/1 four speed. So my build got pushed back 6 months. Then I ran out of money. But the good news is it's almost done. Just need shocks, brakes, and a little TLC.