• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steering problems

taterfab

I just had new seals put in my orbital . And it has a little catch turning left. Done the normal to get air out. Jacked up turned left and right with no motor. Is this an air problem or trash in orbital ?

It's a trail gear orbital. It has always worked great. After hitting Ivy Branch a couple weeks ago. I noticed the leak. It still works good since the seal repair. Just a little rough turning drivers side with a little catch about midway. The seal just had a flat spot but no material missing.

yes timing does it and will be jerky to other dirrection when not running.

drive shaft slot should be between theet of the pump gear.

picture.php

Thanks, I'll check with the hydraulic shop that put the orings in. Trail gear won't tell you who makes their valves. Didn't know what kit to buy. That's why I took it to a shop. They said it was a Char-lynn copy or how ever its spelled

Re: Steering problems

I just found out today that all the trail gear stuff is Chinese including hoses they include thier kit. To cheap out on the orbital vis one thing but even the hoses, that's what killed me. The hoses don't spec to US specs from what I could dig up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Steering problems

ranger11 said:
I just found out today that all the trail gear stuff is Chinese including hoses they include thier kit. To cheap out on the orbital vis one thing but even the hoses, that's what killed me. The hoses don't spec to US specs from what I could dig up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
That's trail gear !

I called the shop and they said with that kind of orbital. They take the flange off on steering shaft side. And they just replaced the oring closest to that flange. The guts of the valve didn't come out. They said that they'll look at it again. So I need to get it back to them.