• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steering Stabilizer on a Toyota High Steer?

PaulSac

I have been searching for some pics of someone who put a steering stabilizer on a high steer toyota solid axle. My steering is pretty sloppy on the road and want to add one to my setup but cant figure out a good way to mount it. Anyone have some pics?

The steering stabilizer may help, but if its just a band aide for a real steering issue I would recommend fixing that before you add a stabilizer. I dont know much about Toyota's, so before you go and take my advice i would wait for a qualified person to direct you in the right direction :awesomework:

If you have a histeer then it will help for wander, but not for deathwobble.

On a hysteered toyota the only spot it will fit is on the draglink. That makes the connections go from frame to draglink. It will slow down the steering and make it wander a little less. That puts 3TREs and a pair of leafs to move and negate any control the damper added in that position.

The best way is on the axle. That way it controls wander and shake cuz its directly on the components that cause the shake/wobble. That means ther is ONLY one tie rod end between the damper and the wheels at ALL times for supreme shake/wobble control.

Its kinda tough to fit a damper on top of the axle unless the truck sits tall.

Yah its the wander I am trying to fix. I dont have death wobble yet because I am only running 30" street tires until I get some mileage on the new engine. Im sure once the iroks are on Ill end up with death wobble too. Do you have any pics of a setup Chop?