• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stevens Pass

Toyotanut

Anyone head out to the opening of the downhill bike park? Wish I didn't work this last weekend, would have gone. Sounds like they might be open one more weekend till next year.

The wife and I were there...it was awesome all considering. Next summer is gonna be a blast.

The wife and I were there...it was awesome all considering. Next summer is gonna be a blast.

annnnd you suck as well kind sir. :fawkdancesmiley:(i'm not jealous or anything :booo:)

All work and no play makes boonie a dull boy. :booo:

I heard it was muddy...? :eeek:

Yes...real muddy. Stevens pass,Dirt Corp and whom ever else that helped did an awesome job getting 2 trails runnable.

One trail is "just like" B-line at Whistler.....IMO same feel and flow with little table tops scattered along the way. The top half seemed a little older with more compacted mineral soil so it held together fairly well.....the bottom half seemed to have alot more organic soil,more like they ran outa time to skim off the organic off and expose/import the mineral soil....so the bottom section fell apart in short order was quite a slog on a DH bike....still cool non the less.

The 2nd trail was refered to as the "Advanced single track" and it ripped! Real pumpy with killer flow and little hits all the way...next summer this thing is gonna be fun. This trail was mostly mineral soil till the very bottom where there were soft pockets of organic that got deep and slow pretty quick.

We only made a couple runs down each then the lift line got long and the mud got deeper so we bailed. My wife just wanted to be there opening day to show her support and of course ride. She has waited 8 years for this...literally....ever since Snoqualmie closed.

She will be getting a seasons pass for next summer for sure and I might...not sure yet.

I just went and scoped out Youtube...there are a few decent G-pro vids of the new trails. "Slingshot Wookie" is the name of the Advanced single track trail apperently.