• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sticky d300 shifter

jeremybigs

my d300 is very hard to shift in and out of gears i almost bend my shifter just tryn to get it to unstick. its so hard that now i just simple dont mess with it just leave it in 4Lo. any help? dont wanna get a rebuild and have to do that yet. no money. is it maybe a spring or supn that i could replace? thanks

are you in drive?? Mine sticks sometimes in drive...have to quickly pop it out of gear to shift the t-case then back to drive.

Auto or manual trans?

Mine does it with a manual at times--typically when you are turning and have the whole mess kinda bound up--I have to think ahead to do a good unlock of the front--or bump it in reverse.

its a twin stick auto and its hard to shift if everythings in drive or even everything in neutral i used a hammer to nock the pins in all the way so it was in all the way.

with an auto, you have to be in neutral, sometimes you have to sit for a minute and cycle between foreward neutral and reverse to get it to go in, I really wouldn't remomend using a hammer to shift you're tcase. The shift fork's won't take that too many times.

with an auto, you have to be in neutral, sometimes you have to sit for a minute and cycle between foreward neutral and reverse to get it to go in, I really wouldn't remomend using a hammer to shift you're tcase. The shift fork's won't take that too many times.

As the little man said :redneck: Also you can hold light pressure against the shifter and bump it from D & R. And yes those shift forks really can't take too much abuse--they are just thin plate steel really. Ask JeepMauller abotu that,lol...

it would be your best bet to do.. (rebuild it) and the parts are pretty cheap.

if you do rebuild it, stop and make sure that your shift rails are not bent.
It almost sounds like it could have bound up and possibly put a bend in one of the rails. This will make it so you have to "force" it into position.

I am getting ready to rebuild mine hopefuly this next week as well.:awesomework:

Latest posts