• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Still Running Rich. . . .

CRANK1

So i got the fuel pressure regulator put into the jeep (vertical limits CJ from way back when) and the damn thing is still running rich. i know that kelly and wyatt both said they thought it might be a bad injector, but all the plugs on the drivers side are burned black, while the passenger side are all good. i am definitely new to the vortec motor so i am really just lofting this out there to see what you guys think. One of the guys in here(my office) brought up the 02 sensor and i have heard that they can go bad fairly easy but i know that kelly put new ones on. i tried speaking with the guy at wait4me performance, but he assured me his stuff was pretty bullet proof of course it is all pretty foreign to me when i am talking to the dude. also i notice that my gas gauge goes down real fast which would lead me to believe that i am dumping alot of gas. Thoughts? Opinions, ideas? i probably should have put this in the tech section but i am a dipshit so sorry didnt know how to transfer it over

We replaced the fuel pressure regulator at the split on top of the engine where it goes over the plenum to the passenger side bank.
Yeah I think it is just dumping fuel out of the driverside bank.

Kelly what fuel pump is on it? You think its too much pressure?

"too much pressure" shouldn't be an issue with a working FPR. is a walbro 392 inline fuel pump recommended for LSX engines. I don't get how this thing can be running so rich its puking fuel out the ****ing exhaust. All the injectors can't be stuck on one side and not the other. how bout this. swap injectors from right to left. rent a fuel pressure gauge and put it on the schrader valve post reg. I wish I were closer to try and diagnose this. its so hard over the phone. :-\ :p