• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome ??????

ldwoodruff

Thinking bout hitting up Stoney lonesome ohv next weekend I'll be down that way if everything works out,
Good riding?
What's the trails like?
Places to stay? Cabins there ?
Any info would be great, thanks

I have been twice in the last year. It's a good park. It has so many trails it is a little hard to find you way around. Most trails are marked but some of the newer trails aren't. there are a lot of trails with mud at the base of the parks. More hills and trails without mud as you go up. Great park for sxs. We took our jeeps (CJs with lockers and 33swampers) the first trip and the trails were either too easy or too difficult but maybe we didn't find the right trails. I would suggest talking with office about finding someone to show you around. We found some local guys to guide us one day, it made a huge difference on finding good trails. They have cabins and trailers to stay in. We got a cabin the first trip. It was nice but small, no kitchen but full bath. We got a trailer 2nd trip. Much bigger, full kitchen and full bath. They have nice bath houses as well. They have 2 atv/dirt bike tracks. One is close to the cabins/trailers. It was nice for my sons on sport quads. If you get a cabin/trailer bring a garden hose and spray nozzle. They don't have anywhere to spray of vehicles but they have several camper hookups that you can hook a hose to.

jason burt said:
bring a garden hose and spray nozzle. They don't have anywhere to spray of vehicles but they have several camper hookups that you can hook a hose to.

The RV parking area is gravel, it is already hard for us with RVs to keep the mud out. Please do not wash vehicles in the campground.

In Florida every park has very elaborate wash stations. Most of them you just drive the truck through.

TBItoy said:
washing my vehicle AT an offroad park has never even crossed my mind.

Is that a real thing?

As stated in my reply this place has a lot of mud. So it's nice to have a place to spray off seats, brakes and some of the heavy mud. I didn't say wash I said spray off. If you don't have something to say about what the guy is asking then don't say nothing. Thanks

JohnG said:
The RV parking area is gravel, it is already hard for us with RVs to keep the mud out. Please do not wash vehicles in the campground.

You are right sir and I'm sorry for doing that they really need to build some wash off stations being that majority of the people are mud riding.

Re: Re: Stoney lonesome ??????

jason burt said:
As stated in my reply this place has a lot of mud. So it's nice to have a place to spray off seats, brakes and some of the heavy mud. I didn't say wash I said spray off. If you don't have something to say about what the guy is asking then don't say nothing. Thanks
Get bent. Thanks.