• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stony Lonesome

KXCRAWLER13

heard a lot of stuff on how weak this park is
but I have to say these guys have done a shitload of work and the park is awesome now
no doubt it's gonna soon be one of the best paths in Alabama

thanks to all the staff and help that showed us around today had a blast and y'all picked out some great trails for a rainy day
will diffenatly be back soon hope to see u all there

Re: Stoney lonesome

Can't agree more! The amenities and everything! The office had hot food today for lunch too!
Great warm places to rent out. RV hook ups!
This place has nipples! Cause it's the flashemifyougotem

There's NO REASON this place can't host a big event... has everything a place needs

Thank you guys for giving the park a shot, we had a blast!! We will be having a spring ride and will be posting more details as soon as possible!

Stony_Lonesome_OHV_Park said:
Thank you guys for giving the park a shot, we had a blast!! We will be having a spring ride and will be posting more details as soon as possible!

Make sure y'all remember to use the Hardline calender when you pick a weekend and let us all know A.S.A.P.

I'm really glad you guys got to come out and see a small portion of the park. We didn't get to but about half of the bouncer/crawler trails that I wanted to, but for a first time out it was a good ride. With some dry weather, i think we could have easily ridden until midnight and made most of them. That is, if everyone kept their rigs together. I was surprised with the amount of rigs that snapped or broke parts as slick as it was. I know you guys could have made short work of some of the trails if it had been dry, but I was glad to move some of the rocks around and let the rain help move off all that dirt.

Thanks to JohnG and Allen Strange for coming in early on Friday and being our guinea pigs. Eric Hagan for gracing us his presence, wit and support for the park. Stevo and Gary for playing fastest to the top and Tyler for helping get these guys to come out. I think there was a tie on Saturday for best of show between Gary and Steve. Gary made it farther on Hello Kitty and Steve backed up Ex-Wife after full throttling it up and over the first time. Also, a special thanks to Bobby, Robert and Josh for being good tour guides, videographers, spotters, parts getters, trail cutters and just overall good guys. It wouldn't have been possible without you guys and I really appreciate it.

No need to thank me, Kel. Just hearing people praise the work you, Bobby and everyone else have put in and saying that Stony isn't just a "rzr park" is more than enough for me. :dblthumb:

Stoney is along way from (just a razor park)
this place has some hardcore down to 4 wheeler trails
y'all have done a excellent job on the park and as I said earlier
it will soon be one of the top parks in the southeast

it has more than enough parking and facilities

I wanted to give a trail report on Stony Lonesome. Tyler in the office is top notch, as well as the other office staff. Tyler made sure I got an RV spot that would fit my RV and trailer connected as I am 74' overall. He also showed me around the park on Friday after I got setteled in. This is the first ORV park I have been to all full hookups for RVs. 50amp power, water, sewer, and WI-FI. Yes free wi-fi so I can stay up with all the happenings on the net. Tyler showed me a cool little new trail down in a hollow that followed a dry creek bed, a nice long climb that will get a lot better with traffic. This park has about everything. We did some trail riding, but I think we only touched the surface, I want to go back and explore the trails. It has some technical rock crawls that were pretty hard of Friday, and about impossible Saturday after the rain started. There are six plus "bounty" hills. I tried one a couple of times. But the long full throttle roll over hazzard hill climbs are just not my style, so I backed off. But, if that is your thing, it has some that are climbable dry, and should make a fool out of you wet.

Stony Lonesome has one of the largest level parking lots I have ever seen. This along with a lot of rental cabins, several RV hookups, a cafe just a couple miles away (Stony Lonesome Cafe), makes this place a real destination for off roading. Then add to that that they are open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday every week. They even have firewood for sale.

Thanks again Tyler and Kel (LowBudgetJunk) for showing us around and continuing to make the park a premier destination on the Off roading sport.

Now Tyler and Kel, look at a date for a Hardline forum ride up there. Be good for this whole group to get together. May even need name tags because so many of us are internet friends.

And one of the best things, 64 miles driveway to driveway!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Stony Lonesome

JohnG said:
I wanted to give a trail report on Stony Lonesome. This is the first ORV park I have been to all full hookups for RVs. 50amp power, water, sewer, and WI-FI. Yes free wi-fi so I can stay up with all the happenings on the net.
So why the lack of play by play updates for those that couldn't make it? :****:

Rokcrler said:

No play by play cause them folks was :tc at AOP
We trail rode. You know, "Good ole trail riding"... the thing that so many people are saying they miss so much... there's your report. It was a blast!
I'm going back often! Way too close to not do so.

Rokcrler said:

What did you want to know? Every trail has dirt, trees and rocks. :flipoff1:

Fact is, people are always complaining about government spending. Cullman County investing in to a park like this makes me happy. Last year, I spent a few trips in the Cullman area and everyone I met was so very polite. Not "truman show" polite, but genuinely pleasant. I REALLY want to move up there one day. Even the McDonald's girls are cute! and polite!

Edit: Almost forgot a sidenote I witnessed this weekend. While I was in the office feeding my fat ass (my skinny ass don't eat), A guy came in and said he couldn't get up the main trail and was going home cause it was just too gnarly in the rain. Well, obviously people were getting up the trail... but the park workers never even flinched and immediately handed him two "rain checks" for him and his wife to come back one day when he was comfortable wheeling his stock TJ... Big respect to these folks running the park! Way to make folks happy!

John, do you mind if I share your review on my Facebook and CAOS's Facebook? I want as many people as possible to know what they missed out on.

jpony645 said:
John, do you mind if I share your review on my Facebook and CAOS's Facebook? I want as many people as possible to know what they missed out on.

Please do, just do not edit. Thanks.

Re: Stony Lonesome

I still haven't patched my tire or I would. Next week I should be able to be to it