• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Straightening a Rim?

ForMud

I had a little slip and a bang off a big rock this weekend and bent the center section on one of my wheels. Is it worth trying to bend it back? If I do get it some what straight, is it going to want to bend right back at a light hit? Or should I just replace the centers?
The place (Stockton Wheel) that made the rim no longer makes the rim. I've run them since 03 with no issues and don't really want to spend the money on a new set.
They are 15" x 14" and are not run on the road.
One other question......If this was a alum type wheel, do you think it would have broken?

Straightening a Rim?

Pretty much looks like a cragar soft8. I'd buy a new wheel cause I'm sure that metal is fatigued, but that wide of a wheel may be hard to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a Bart steel wheel with beadlock adapted. $87 from Summit part #413-5408. Probably right about the fatigue as well. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Straightening a Rim?

I'd replace or recenter as well. As far as aluminum, (I'm almost guessing here) but I bet a forged wheel would have taken it, a cheaper on would have busted. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broncomike said:
I'd like to see a video of that rolling down the trail! thumb.gif

It was wobbling a good 10"-12" from side to side and rubbing the strut on the inside. It was two miles back to camp, I only felt it above 10mph.....It was 12:30am and alcohol might have been a factor, which made things feel better.

Does anyone know where I can get a weld in wheel center?
I tried of going round and round with the company who made the rims.
They are 12-5/8" Dia, 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern.