• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Strange LSD 12 bolt diff....(govbomb)

FlatlandFSJ

Well I was getting around to welding the diffs in the waggy(to make sure I can break the shafts). Popped the rear cover and found what looks like limited slip. Best I could find was it is a older ratchet style gm LSD.

Ill get a few pics of it this afternoon, I was wondering if I can gut the ratchet and weld the spiders? It spit 2 large pieces of the mechanism out when I popped the cover, so......yea :dunno:

looks like this but for a 12 bolt

p113373_image_large.jpg

Re: Strange LSD 12 bolt diff....

Thanks. Well I think its halfway to being blown up :wtflol: Guess its time to start saving my pennies to rebuild the tons ::)

Re: Strange LSD 12 bolt diff....

govbomb_zpsm0qupdl7.jpg

this is what came out when i popped the cover thumb.gif Its part of the "lock" in the govlock apparently.

Any reason not to gut it and fill it full of wire? Besides the "it's gonna explode" reason?

Sweet. Id rather swap once I can I spend the money on them. They need a buncha work and I'd rather only swap to tons once. Orb of traction update for the build thread later today ;D

its got clutches on spiders,look at pic above axle gear i dont think welding will work just my 2 cents . :dunno:

monster said:
its got clutches on spiders,look at pic above axle gear i dont think welding will work just my 2 cents . :dunno:

After a little digging tonight, I found a few different ways to "weld" them.

Option 1. Weld the dam thing :****:

Option 2. Stack extra clutches til it is "locked"

Option 3. well...its a combo of 1 and 2. I see this doing nothing more then it just being welded.

This thing is gonna blow up either way, it will or the shafts will. Hoping to nurse the twigs along til I can do the tons right tho.

Pic of a welded one I stole.
weldedgovbomb.jpg

Re:

09zkrankin said:
I gutted the gov bomb on my 14b. Then just welded it up like any other. So far so good. Been over a year and I haven't been easy on it

Good to hear, I know my little 12 bolt ain't got **** on a 14b. But this makes me think it'll shatter the shafts before it blows up the diff :woot: :woot: