• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Strap at Elbe

Dogboy

I know it's a long shot, and it is probably LONG gone, but did anybody happen to pick up a strap on the Gotcha trail up at Elbe over the weekend (I was up there on Saturday).
It is a 30ft 30,000lb, gray Pro-Comp recovery strap. I lost it no too far into the Gotcha trail on Saturday afternoon, but we went down the trail, from the top, not up it.

Like I said, the strap is probably long gone, but if anybody picked it up, I would REALLY like it back. I only got to use it twice...

That being said, It was a fun day, and two muddy spots on the Gotcha kicked my Ranger's ass... I had to winch both times (the second spot is where I lost the strap) because the Samurai couldn't pull me out. My next tires will NOT be Pro-comp M/T's, they will be something else, because I have not found much of anything that they are any good at, except for maybe highway.

I would assume that who ever picked it up, is not a member here. And if they are, I hope they are honest enough to speak up, but you can only hope, haha.

I definitely need to make some rock sliders! I have some off an H2, but I think I'm going to cut the rockers out and put in some 2x3, or 3x3 box, or something along those lines, in place of the rocker, to act as a slider.

DSCF0001-3.jpg

As you can see, the rockers are getting pretty trashed, mostly from Elbe. The other side isn't any better.

CopyofDSCF0001.jpg

That is kind of my idea, to cut the rockers out at the body line, and put the box/ square stock in their place, the hole length of the wheelbase. Obviously I would mount them to the frame, but I'm not sure if I would attach them to the body as well of not.

Anybody see any reasons why this would be worse than the conventional style sliders? I think it would give me way more clearance then normal tube sliders as well.

Heard a rumor that there was some heavy handed policeing going on at Elbe today something about a state trooper on a quad (wierd) giving tickets for not being street legal:eeek:

Heard a rumor that there was some heavy handed policeing going on at Elbe today something about a state trooper on a quad (wierd) giving tickets for not being street legal:eeek:

Your joking right?:rolleyes:

Wow... Good thing I didn't go up today then (or my cousin, not me), haha.

I bet they probably gave more tickets for quads and motorcycles being on that main road than non-legal 4wd's being on them.
I was amazed at how many people were riding their quads/ motorcycles down the road from the camp ground to the rock pit. I'm not saying my cousin wasn't one of them...

I've never heard of, or seen a Sheriff, Trooper, or Officer of any kinda up there before!

Wow... Good thing I didn't go up today then (or my cousin, not me), haha.

I bet they probably gave more tickets for quads and motorcycles being on that main road than non-legal 4wd's being on them.
I was amazed at how many people were riding their quads/ motorcycles down the road from the camp ground to the rock pit. I'm not saying my cousin wasn't one of them...

I've never heard of, or seen a Sheriff, Trooper, or Officer of any kinda up there before!

Normaly its not a problem as long as your riding or driving sanely (sp) but tech. you can get a ticket on the roads if your not legal. Just trying to find out if theres any truth to the story or what.

Honestly, I kinda doubt it is true.

Maybe FordZuki will chime in if he logs on, I know he was up there on Saturday with me, and I'm pretty sure he camped and wheeled on Sunday too.

EDIT: honestly, having the street legal laws enforced up there is probably a good thing overall, but I don't really care for it. Half the trails (definitely more so Evans Creek than Elbe) you have no choice but to go on the road to get to the next trail.
I kinda wonder if something could be worked out, like over in the Cle Elum area, where ORV's are legal on certain stretches of road, between major trails.
But like I say, this is WAY more of an issue at Evans Creek than it is at Elbe.

Last edited:
Yea, Jim I wouldn't doubt if there was a police presence there. Mothers day weekend was out of control up there. Perhaps they are trying to weed out some rif raf.

I do not believe it is legal do have a non-liscensed rig on the roads anywhere in WA anymore. Jim would no better though I think WTA took part in that. Not to spread hate but that is were I read it

I could have sworn some politician over in the Cle Elum area got that whole issue worked out, for motorcycles and quads. They were only like .5, and 1 mile stretches though, that would connect one trail area to another huge trail area.

But I guess I could be wrong.

They need money. So they will write tickets for petty ass bullshit just like they always have.

I was up there from about 4:30 friday afternoon till 3:30 this morning, and I didn't see any LEOs up there, only Nancy on saturday morning. It was a great weekend to be up there.

I was up there from about 4:30 friday afternoon till 3:30 this morning, and I didn't see any LEOs up there, only Nancy on saturday morning. It was a great weekend to be up there.

3:30 this morning :eeek: that dosent sound good:eeek:

I never asked you why you were there until 3:30... (the bell for class to start was about to ring)

I figure it has something to do with the part that you said about loosing a pair of gloves on the Busy Wild this MORNING??
"Busy Wild", "gloves", and "morning" can only mean bad things happened...

3:30 this morning :eeek: that dosent sound good:eeek:

I never asked you why you were there until 3:30... (the bell for class to start was about to ring)

I figure it has something to do with the part that you said about loosing a pair of gloves on the Busy Wild this MORNING??
"Busy Wild", "gloves", and "morning" can only mean bad things happened...

Here's the story here, pics to follow.
http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=593911&posted=1#post593911