• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid question

BigPaul

Ok guys, I am looking at building a crawler. I have a T-Maxx that I modded as my go fast rig and a Nylint to play with but I have no clue where to start on building a crawler. I think a clod or TLT is what it looks like people are starting with. But from there where do you go? Is there a lot of aftermarket support for parts yet or do you guys fab your own?

BigPaul said:
Ok guys, I am looking at building a crawler. I have a T-Maxx that I modded as my go fast rig and a Nylint to play with but I have no clue where to start on building a crawler. I think a clod or TLT is what it looks like people are starting with. But from there where do you go? Is there a lot of aftermarket support for parts yet or do you guys fab your own?
Just fab a chassis and some link matterial and the rest can be bought cheaply.Trans and shocks are the most money, check that bottom drawer.
________
K125

Last edited:
Dude is right, start by reading the "how to build" threads and Newbie section on rccrawler. You will learn a ton.

From there you are only limited by your imagination and ability. I went with a chassis kit containing all the links, link mounts, steering setup, etc, because it was my first crawler, and I wasn't ready to fab everything myself (not that I couldn't, but I was lacking patience). It cost a bit more, but but I was really happy with the end result.

My other piece of advice would be to come out to a comp or GTG before you buy or build. There is a ton of info and pics online, but they really aren't a substitute for giving somebody's rig the once over with your own eyes and hands. It will help you get a better feel for what you want to fab and what to buy.

Todd

Latest posts