• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid question.

NateH

Stupid question. Fixed

How do I get my 4runner started after it is in the theft mode? I started it just for a few seconds to load it onto the trailer and then started it again to off load it. Now it wont start. I cannot remimber on the trick to get it start when it is in the theft mode. It's an 1988 4runner with the 3.0L in it. My 2005 Mazda did it to my wife and she cannot recall what the tow truck driver did. Help me out here. I diconnected the battery and it is still doing it. I need to running so I can help out tomorrow at the clean up.

Last edited:
BUmmer!!!! Let me know when you figure this out. I have the same year rig, and it's just my luck that it would happen to me on the trail.

BTW: Did you try locking the doors with the key, then unlocking it again using the key? The pwr door locks may be the hanging up the function, or using the origional key in the ignition. :booo: :mad:

Crap...that sucks.... I know you were burning to get that thing running for tomorrow. Doest that have some factory alarm or after market??? I called my OTHER Mechanic buddy :) and asked him for you. I'll post when I find out.

Well I jumped the fuel pump and it comes on and I have pressure. When I have the key on the check engine light comes on but the fuel pump does not. The engine starts but then falls dies in under a second. I checked codes and there is none.

might be a stupid question, but did you check the fuel pump fuse? Is there a relay that could be stuck?

Well I fixed the problem. It was my air intake hose. The hose clamp slipped up so the hose had a opening between them and the AFM was shutting down the engine. I thought that the AFM had a code that would come on if there was a problem.

Well I fixed the problem. It was my air intake hose. The hose clamp slipped up so the hose had a opening between them and the AFM was shutting down the engine. I thought that the AFM had a code that would come on if there was a problem.

Not if the afm just closes.
The ecu isn't that smart :)