• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Summer wheeling trip.

crewchi

My buddy and i want to get over into washington or oregon and do some wheeling. He is running a ex twisted customs comp buggy with 39 stickies and im running my twisted lookalike with 37 stickies. Any good suggestions where to go for some challenging trails and anyone want to meet up this summer some time and show us around? Thanks Garrett

Elbe Hills ORV park. Elbe washington. Your ''stickies'' will wprk great their:awesomework:

Lots of good trails in the Naches and CleElum areas as well as rimrock. Also some new stuff down in the Bend Ore area that the local clubs have been working on.

Canada, or Naches. Four of july weekend there with be a few of us at naches in rock rigs.

Last edited:
There are quite a few good areas in Washington, such as:
Naches area (also known as Shoestring, or Manastash ridge [and a area called Funny Rocks])
Rimrock area (south of Naches, but within an easy 45 minute drive, all highway, so street legal is nice), steep, long climbs, some severe off cambers. Potentially dangerous.
Elbe Hills ORV area, on the western side of the state, but fun. Got some muddy trails during the wetter seasons
Evans Creek ORV area, also on western side of the state, also fun. More terrain variations than Elbe, dryer, and more snow in the winter months. Both these are in the foothills of Mt Rainier, one on the northwestern slope, the other on the southern slopes.
Walker Valley ORV, further north, in the foothills of the Cascades, some fun trails, but rather limited in area.
Moses Lake sanddunes. Middle of the state. Relatively small dunes, but great fishing opportunities in bunches of little lakes.

Thanks again for showing me the trails in your neck of the woods 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I'm short on vacation time this year. Might try Digger5.

Last edited:
If you make it to Oregon Bend is the spot. If you want to keep heading west there is also the Tillamook state forest ohv area that has some challenges, a large rock garden, and a days worth of trails with some difficult spots skattered about. If you make it that far its only 40 more minutes to the dunes at Sand lake ohv.

We just went thru bend this weekend to pic up a rig in Oakland and saw some tow rigs with trailers parked off the highway but no rigs.

We just went thru bend this weekend to pic up a rig in Oakland and saw some tow rigs with trailers parked off the highway but no rigs.

bend is sick but you gotta get someone that knows it to show you around.
naches this summer is well worth the trip. Dont waste your time at elbe unless you like to mud bogg and evans creek will be a disapointment in a buggy in the summer. Canada is the new hotness its about 3 hours from seattle.

wheelin **** list

Numeruous Elbe and evens trips
Naches week before jeep jamboree 4th july weekend
rimrock
Walker
clockum
taneum ridge/cle elum ridge
belfair
liberty
back side of riffe lake towards Mt. st. helens
manastash

These are my goals for the summer just need to get a better tow rig my problem...

bend is sick but you gotta get someone that knows it to show you around.
naches this summer is well worth the trip. Dont waste your time at elbe unless you like to mud bogg and evans creek will be a disapointment in a buggy in the summer. Canada is the new hotness its about 3 hours from seattle.

I'm with sarg and Mark M.......Naches 4th of july,and canadia!!!!!:awesomework:

Awesome guys thanks for the info. I think naches is on our list for sure. Anyone want to do some wheeling this summer? You show me around there and i can show you all the hidden bad ass trails in the Black Hills of SD my old backyard where i grew up and wheeled.