• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SUNDAY NOV 30...7th Annual Twin Lakes Snow Run...

Will you be going??????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
Well Fellas, it's that time again :)redneck: yes I stole the pic from the last T.L. Run)!!! If you want breaky, be at the Hungry Bear by 7:30am!!! The depart time from Ye Ol Hungry Bear shall be 8:45am SHARP, fueled and ready to go......It is about a 45 minute drive from there to the DOT shed/Twin Lakes Rd turnoff.

Trailer parking will depend entirely on the accessibility to the little pit in the pic. IF for some reason the snow gets too deep to get there with tow rig/trailer, there is another lot just a little further east on the Highway, but that one's availability depends entirely whether the sno-park is officially opened or not...We've used it in the past, BRING your tow rig Disco Pass...

Recommendations for this run...
1) GOOD tires, at least 31's and one locker* (*I've made it on good 31" MT's open/open following the pack up in the old Cherokar)...
2) SELF recovery gear (winch/ropes/come along,etc.)...
3) Dress Warm, and bring extra clothes/FOOD/WATER...Sometimes we can be stopped in a spot for awhile while the leaders are pounding the trail in ahead...
4)MUST HAVE LICENSE PLATE! Bring your Disco Pass as well... :awesomework:

Attachments

• skitch.jpg
    skitch.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 420
Anyone have a empty seat on this trip? I still don't have a tranny in my rig but would love to go and I have a tow rig or gas money, beer,great cable pullin and snow digging ability and its the weekend of my birthday so I just want to go wheeling. Anybody?

Where is the Hungry Bear at? How long do you think it would take from Burlington to get there?

Thanks

Snow conditions

Kev,
You tracking the weather report for this run? Big meltdown right now followed by freezing with little or no new may be shitty snow conditions. Only 12in at Nooksack snotel but 29 at Easy Pass which is at 5270 ft similar to the lakes. Keep us posted if this is still on.

Sorry fellas, got sidetracked the last couple days!

Yes, at this point it is still on, Yes we are aware of the impending weather, but it should, I say should, cool down and snow some more up there. As you know though, with weather all bets are off-as I am not sure if they even know! :haha:

Burlington is approx 40 minutes from the Bear. Thanks Jam session!
Tony, I am all but sure there will be an empty seat somewhere. I'll make a couple calls today/tomorrow...:awesomework:
Happy Birthday BTW! :cool:

Kev,
Where did you get that future cast from? I can only find one for 9hrs ahead. NOAA is still only forecasting a few inches of new but very cold.
Thx

Well, NOAA is more accurate as it turns out---looks like there was only about 14" total above 4000, and now it's arctic cold and clear. Things are gonna be interesting for sure.
Not a cloud in the sky looking up toward the mountain this morning, so what snow they did get will get the moisture sucked from it from the clear cold blast happening now. Have a feeling either we'll get lucky and drive right up on minimal snow cover, or it will be frozen/slick and unsafe to attempt to run to the top (there are a couple spots that are of real concern when slick)...committed at this point though, so we are giving it a go...:awesomework:

Tony, you got a seat with me ifn you can get to my place by 7, or the Bear by end of breakfast at 8:45...

I think there might be a lot more new than you think up high. I checked Easy Pass which is at 5270 similar to the lakes and shows 36in (20 new). I'll see you at the bear in the morning. May have another JK or two tagging along.

Hope so! It's been blowin' since yesterday...and I mean COLD. Was supposed to snow down low, but I just got back from a drive to the North end of the county---very little. None on the roads...
Friendly reminder to DRESS WARM, and bring extra with ya...
See you there! :cheer:

Got a few pictures from the run today, weather was great and the snow was fun.

Starting up in the morning.

A couple of hitchhikers. :cool:

Made the lakes.

Group shot, 16 I think, one did not make it to the top.

Wow nice day! How long did it take to get up there?

Depends where you were in the lineup. Richard, Bill and I were the first three up by 10:30 in less than an hour. Several rigs needed more help and I don't think everyone was up until about noon.

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

Last edited:
Tony, you got a seat with me ifn you can get to my place by 7, or the Bear by end of breakfast at 8:45...

Thanks but I didn't see this in time but if the next time you go on a run wherever and you got a seat let me know because I'm always up to go wheeling and my rig will probably be down for a couple weeks still. Looks like it was fun though.