• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Super Capable Toyota Crawler FS. Selling The Red Baron :(

Pics of the departure

5ecde177049101b553ccaeab6d485bd3.jpg

15666f2a82d6b55a01092765151b6ed6.jpg

Hell I thought about doing the same thing. But I can't get a 4wheeler worth a damn for what the Gremlin would sell for.

TBItoy said:
Hell I thought about doing the same thing. But I can't get a 4wheeler worth a damn for what the Gremlin would sell for.

My bike, quad, and 6.5'x12' single axle trailer all still costs less than what I sold the Toyota/trailer combo for, and I sold it for about $2,000 less than what I had in it!

TacomaJD said:
Ha, I was talking to piper today and said I bet all them fawkers on HL will think I'm lying when I tell em that we landed a big generator order with a power company in Egypt and several new long term service contracts, essentially re-securing our job future, so the worry of being layed off is now a thing of the past for a good while longer.

The bike was bought way before the crawler was sold so that's not even in the equation. I pretty much swapped spots from Toyota and the car hauler trailer down to a quad and much smaller trailer...you all are smart fellers, and should clearly see that's a pretty big cost savings for a small time, non deep pocket feller like myself.....not to mention the time saved from not going wheeling all the time far off, I can ride from my house to places and ride all day long. Also the time saved having to work on it! All you gotta do to a quad is change the oil and put gas in it!

I have also started back to school (well in 10 days) for Electrical Engineering, so the extra free time is worth a lot too! I have to pay for tuition and books up front and get reimbursed for tuition and books after I have passed said classes with satisfactory grades according to company policy. So, this all was a big move of preparation, which I am confident is the right move going forward.

....I've said all that just to say - Fawk off and lemme worry bout me :dblthumb: :flipoff1:
Aw man I don't even worry bout me!! Ha and i would venture out and say that john G gives about tha same amount of a rats ass as I do really .. My guess is that it's just easy to bust ones balls and point out the obvious when one post every purchase made.. Haha. Hell U know what they say round here "skaters gonna skate". :flipoff1:

And PS, yer math was way off on my scooter. I gave $4,700 for it, brought it home and sold $500 worth of gay **** off of it on Warrior forum that I didn't like (solo seat, backrest, highway bar, luggage rack, forward controls) which paid for a brand new set of tires and oil change, which is all I've done to it, and had money left over.. So the $7,000 estimate for scooter was way overpriced. :dblthumb: AND IT GETS 30mpg! Doubles as cheap transportation when weather permits, making it an even better investment.

Just had to clear up yer math a bit there...

Anywhere you ever work, there will almost always be doom and gloom guys there that if you listen to them and take their **** seriously you will constantly be freaked out that your about to be ****ed, that your job/work/company is going away. I've learned to just ignore miserable fawkers like that and take the ride the gravy train till the wheels fall off approach. Anyone who can sell a built yota for what you did should be congratulated no matter what the reasoning is, BS or not :****:

Neal3000 said:
Anywhere you ever work, there will almost always be doom and gloom guys there that if you listen to them and take their **** seriously you will constantly be freaked out that your about to be ****ed, that your job/work/company is going away. I've learned to just ignore miserable fawkers like that and take the ride the gravy train till the wheels fall off approach. Anyone who can sell a built yota for what you did should be congratulated no matter what the reasoning is, BS or not :****:

There was a serious threat here, I assure you that. Plant manager addressed it sternly in meetings with all employees. They took senior management over things like quality and such and assembled a team solely to go out and find new business to sustain over the next 2 years. We fell into 3rd place in generator sales and have been #1 for a while.

November will be 10 years that I've worked here and I've seen and heard SEVERAL people that were truly afraid for our future over the past few months, that I've never seen bat an eye before during slow times. A lot of those I saw worried, were some of the ones that have been here since the plant opened in 1988 and have seen it all. Corporate granted us the financial go ahead to operate at cost for the next two years until our newly designed generator hits the market, with hopes it should help us reclaim 1st in international sales again. Then apparently the newly assembled marketing team done some good, because we landed a bunch of extra orders above just working at cost, so this fall, most folks on the manufacturing floor will be working a lot of overtime and they will probably hire a new fleet of contract employees to help handle the increased workload.

This is why I'm going back to school for Engineering, I want to have options readily available for if and when **** hits the fan with this job or any other future job. :dblthumb:

Latest posts