• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Superior 88 vs yukon ultimate 88

I know with superior you get the option to run 2 different bolt paterns 5x4.5 or 5 on 5.5. I am not sure if yukon offers both i dont think so but dont quote me, superior is made in the USA yukon is all being made in china now

From what I have seen Yukon does both patterns as well hadn't seen anything about production locations. Sounds like both make one hell of a kit and not much difference.

You can not go wrong with the superior product! If i was going to build a 8.8 i would not even think twice about which company i would go through. But i do not have any personal experience with building a super 8.8... Plus Superiors customer service is great!

What I figure I'm going to end up with, is a superior spool, Yukon eliminator kit, Yukon gear setup kit, 4.88 Yukon gears but i already have the gears and a crane dif cover. I have 2 drum 8.8s and a disk 8.8 but thinking I'll go disk for the yj since the width is the same so I don't think i need 1" spacers. I do appreciate the advice on the kit but other than being built over seas I haven't heard anything bad about the Yukon kit and $150 + difference is a bit hard to understand. I do hope the advice keeps coming. I'm going to order the rest of the parts once John gets back. Thanks again

If you do the c-clip eliminator kit you don't need spacers in there. The kit itself spaces it out enough.

I don't have any spacers on my 8.8 in my TJ and with 3.75 inch backspaced wheels they would rub on the stock frame a tiny bit, but not much.