• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

supertrapp mufflers????

no excuses

super trap mufflers???

who has run them and do you like them. How loud are they?? I am thinkingof using them in my buggy project that I will be starting this fall/winter/spring/ and summer :haha: . I plan on using just the inserts and like how lil room they take up, room is going to be tight. :looser:

I used to run 1 on a single 3" in my big block Bronco.... the only way it sounded good was with all the packing taken out and with about 15 discs... However, they are the only automobile muffler that is truely USFS Spark Arrestor approved!

I would think about trying them again, but only in a dual exhaust application, and with a minimum of 12-15 discs per side...

Are you taling about the "disk only"

or

their glass pack with discs?

The discs alone do not provide anything more than a spark arresstor function.

You can also try the Car Chemistry inserts, they're good for a about 9db...I have one in each side, made a pretty good difference

I'm gonna run thishttp://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUP%2D549%2D3019&N=700+115&autoview=sku

I wanted to run the Car chemistry inserts and S.T. discs at the end,like Brad, but it just wasn't the right fit for my peticular situation and space limitations.
5.0 HO,custom headers and single 3" all the way back to the Supertrap....hope it doesn't sound like ass

............and the U.S.F.S. cert is the only reason for the S.T. choice...otherwise I'd prolly just run a cherrybomb and call it done

Last edited:
I dont think that supertrapps sound that good, especialy for the price. The flowmaster hushpower is just a little bigger than the supertrapp and is stainless also. A cheaper route to go would be a twister race muffler. They are like a glasspack but instead of packing and crap to wear out they use an auger style baffle with a tube going through the middle. If ya want some bling go with an aero turbine.

I dont think that supertrapps sound that good, especialy for the price. The flowmaster hushpower is just a little bigger than the supertrapp and is stainless also. A cheaper route to go would be a twister race muffler. They are like a glasspack but instead of packing and crap to wear out they use an auger style baffle with a tube going through the middle. If ya want some bling go with an aero turbine.

I have the twister. It sounds pretty good. Great for clearance or little area to work with the exhaust.

I've got one on my buggy with a toy engine and it sounds like ****. Its way to loud and makes it sound like a VW.

I've got one on my buggy with a toy engine and it sounds like ****. Its way to loud and makes it sound like a VW.

What was that other thread...if it looks like ****, smells like **** and sounds like **** then maybe its...

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah, the discs by themselves do not make good mufflers. What size exhaust tube do you have?

Not sure what I am going to do yet, but I am sure that when I build my buggy there will not be much room and space will be tight.

I didn't read the whole thread but I emailed and talked to a couple of the Forest Service reps about exhaust options. I explained I have a full-bodied rig registered as a ORV, and that because of that I was told I needed a spark arrestor.

Each rep that I spoke with told me that a standard beffled muffler is approved by the F.S. as a spark arrestor. If you can look through the inlet and see out the outlet (ie no baffles) its not approved.

Ill see if I can dig up those emails.

I didn't read the whole thread but I emailed and talked to a couple of the Forest Service reps about exhaust options. I explained I have a full-bodied rig registered as a ORV, and that because of that I was told I needed a spark arrestor.

Each rep that I spoke with told me that a standard beffled muffler is approved by the F.S. as a spark arrestor. If you can look through the inlet and see out the outlet (ie no baffles) its not approved.

Ill see if I can dig up those emails.

Thats correct:cheer: