IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

His 38" Creepy Crawler next to my 35" BFG Krawler spare:
IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

I'll get the airsoft in there and get them aired up and re measure, tire only they're 37.5"

38is37dot5.jpg

Made some progress yesterday (no pics though... :oops:) after we got some yard work out of the way and hauled 250lbs of debris to the transfer station. My truck weighs 7400 lbs I learned.

Added airsoft and got the 38's aired up. They definately round out like comanchekids 37's, but not terrible. Got them bolted up to the axles. Booty fabbed a temp tie rod so we could roll things around. 77.5" outside of tire to outside of tire rear axle and 79" front. Bottom of the axle tubes sit about 17" off the ground, bottom of the diffs 12". Pretty close clearance on the calipers F/R, no rubbing, but I might do just a bit of grinding for insurance.
Other big goal for the day was the D30 front end. Got the axle pulled, pulled the LCA drop brackets and braces, and got the front end up nice and high to begin 'frame' prep. Man what I wouldn't give for a lift or some super tall jack stands. Also took measurements for reworking the front bumper.

Anyone have a clue how to get the bolt out of the axle end of the track bar? The tab that is welded onto the nut bent to sh*t and once we got a wrench on the nut we got it off the bolt, but what's the trick on getting that bolt out of the lower bushing? It just spins and we couldn't get enough leverage on it w/a pry bar to get it out of the bushing, thus the drag link is still attached to the axle. :mad:

Saturday is a work day on the jeep, watch for pics. Going to the gun show first though, and I may have to swing down to Graham and pick up some longfield D60 U joints while I'm in the area... :cool:

Oh ****, I see what you're asking, just realized the rig itself is nowhere to be found in the thread.. :redneck:

here's my junk

burger2.jpg

myjunk1.jpg

newsig.jpg

Found out my Atlas is in the pipe, should ship next week. :cool:

Also got around to taking some pics...

Lovin driving the CTD right about now. :cool:
dieselprice.JPG

I'm not sure why my brother bought these 8oz cans, maybe so you can impress people by saying "****, I drank 30 beers last night"? :haha:
8ozcoors.JPG

adding airsoft to the spare, and yes I remembered the valve stem
airsoftinspare.JPG

blingin fullsize spare all mounted up
blingspare.JPG

time to grind
diffgrinding.JPG

gained a lot of clearance, not sure how much more I can safely go
diffgrinding2.JPG

all done
diffgrinding3.JPG

don't have jackstands tall enough, had to improvise (yes the boards are screwed onto the rounds :; )
ghettostands.JPG

rearaxlegone.JPG

need to get a new rear brakeline made, XJ end
rearbrakeline1.JPG

and axle end
rearbrakeline2.JPG

doesn't black photograph well?
rearpainted.JPG

Looks like I didn't get pics of the rear axle after we got it under the jeep, huh, I thought I did. :mad: I guess it didn't happen. :redneck:

Aight, time for some updated pics...

Round 2. John90XJ, you'd be proud, 220 grit to smooth it out, 1 coat, done. Back of wheel, no primer, one coat, done. How much do I owe you for the OCD treatment?
trailerwheelsround2.JPG

All mounted up, that's perfect Diezel, stand right there while I'm taking a pic...
blacktrailerwheels.JPG

Getting the rear axle mocked up.
locatingrearaxle.JPG

Moving the axle 1" back means modifying the DPG plates, the start of a lot of drilling. All 8 holes for the u-bolts needed to be bored out to 5/8" and the centering hole redrilled 1" forward on center.
leafspringplate1.JPG

Measure twice, drill once. Fortunately I could unbolt the bump stop and flip it over, b/c I drilled 2 lefts
leafspringplate6.JPG

Can you say loooong u-bolts? I guess for people who run blocks?? not sure who that is...
leafspringplate3.JPG

Nothing like shooting sparks at your gas tank.
leafspringplate4.JPG

Cool grinding pic.
leafspringplate5.JPG

All buttoned up, about half the tread hangs out. Guess I could have gone wider.
locatingrearaxle2.JPG

Rear shocks in place, w/the blocks gone and the lower shock mounts located higher on the axle, my shocks may be too short. May be. Can't articulate it on the jack stands, but it probably won't be an issue b/c I think tire clearance in the fender well will limit my uptravel before my shock length comes into play...
locatingrearaxle3.JPG

If you love it, lube it. Cool action pic of lube in motion.
TNTdrill2.JPG

All drilled up and ready for some rosette welding to the unidbody, yay! This pic was followed by about an hour with acetone and then the wire wheel. I let those things sit too long, they actually had surface rust. Didn't get a pic of them all clean and shiny.
TNTdrill5.JPG

I tell you what man, stripper in a can (he he) is a god send. You spray this stuff on and the undercoating oozes off. Scrape off the goo and slime, then saddle up your creeper for some time in the sanding saddle.
unistrip.JPG

Look at it oozing off the unibody.
unistrip1.JPG

unistrip3.JPG

Crap, forgot to cut off the LCA mounts...
unistrip4.JPG

Time to modify my bumper plates to figure out how much I need to cut off my TMR plates.
unistrip7.JPG

Put the Clayton crossmember in place to try to figure out if I should cut part of the TNT pieces out to weld the crossmember directly to the unibody, or if I should leave the TNT pieces and weld the crossmember to it?
unistrip5.JPG

Found out a piece of bad news, my exhaust doesn't like that crossmember where it is, may have to have it reworked down the road.
unistrip6.JPG

F&*k these stainless lug nuts, they're worthless.
mangledlugnut.jpg

Lastly did some clearance grinding on the front calipers, they didn't touch the 15" rims, but it was close. Forgot to take pics of that action.

Excellent pics. Excellent progress.

When we did FiFo's TnT LA the first time, we had to grind a bit off the belly pan to clear the exhaust too.