• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Survey Says??

money_pit_yj

I'm looking at upgrading one of our fuel centers. Right now it is old out of date and off the beaten path. Im posting this here because there are a ton of different kinds of people on here so opinions will vary. This place has potential, it is 1/4 mile from the main highway, easy to get in and out of, only place to buy dyed diesel for about 6 miles, and centrally located. The downside is that there is not much volume so I have to increase volume to pay for it and I am limited to one diesel, one has and one farm fuel pump. It is not going to be a huge service station but it will service my fleet as well as our current customers. My question is when you buy fuel what do you look for In the station? Location? Price? Speed? Equipment? Price? Convenience? My plan is to put a high flow road fuel pump with a satellite hose to fill up two tanks at once and a high flow big nozzle diesel pump to fill up equipment quickly. I am interested to see why folks buy fuel where they buy fuel. Thanks.

Easy in and out, especially with big trailer. Price. Pump speed (Not crucial but if your pump is super slow you might get me once but if I know it takes 20 min. to fill up, bet I'm not coming back)

Do you sell food, snack's, beer and or water/ other drinks, ice, etc?

Re:

I agree with wizzo. Easy in and easy out, price, then pump speed. Also I like pay at the pump but that is not a killer for me.

Biggest problem I have in my service truck is cant get in and out of some stations well because the pumps are either blocked or weird places at stations. I will pay extra for fuel if the place I stop at has all I need at one stop. Pay at the pump is nice because I charge from when I leave the house to when I get home. I would make more if it took longer to go inside and give them my card, pump fuel, then go back in and pay. I am out on that because you have to stand in the same line 2 times to get same results.

Re: Re: Survey Says??

money_pit_yj said:
No. This is just a 24 hour unmanned fuel station behind one of my agronomy centers.
I would use the **** out of one of those if it was fairly accessible and convenient!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Well lit and clean looking. I will not go in a dumpy looking gas station (usually means they are Indian owned and I'm prejudice towards them)

Oops forget the whole nicer hardline thing

Re: Re: Survey Says??

infamous1 said:
I would use the **** out of one of those if it was fairly accessible and convenient!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Behind the Coop in Somerville, Tn. I will let you know when it opens up thumb.gif

Ez in and out. I spend around 5-6k a month on fuel. My door has friendly folks and a big plus is they have a guy on staff that pumps it for you !!!

Pay at the pump is #1 for me. Clean and easily accessible is #2. I try to get my diesel from places I know sells a LOT of diesel. I don't want or need any water or algae issues.

pholmann said:
Pay at the pump is #1 for me. Clean and easily accessible is #2. I try to get my diesel from places I know sells a LOT of diesel. I don't want or need any water or algae issues.

This plus well lit up and clean looking.

I was just thinking about how I like a nice looking place, and for some reason the parking lot condition. Is that weird? I like a nice new store with good prices. I think I feel dirty after walking out of a Nasty store where u can smell musty ass Indian under arm, man I hate that. Well lit, pay at pump, clean updated ****. So pretty much everything I just named could cost a fortune! Haha

As others have said - Well lit, pay at the pump, and easy to get in/out of. I'm fine with a gravel lot if I can easily get in and back on the main road. I really wish we had some pay at the pump dyed diesel close by, until then it's just try to get the transfer tanks full while the store is open.

Re:

We use those unmanned places at work and I much rather go there then a truck stop because I can get in and out so easy. Keep it well lit, pop machine is nice for when you just wanting something quick and a clean place to use the bathroom. Porta johns are fine if you keep then clean. The other thing I like about where we go is they keep the trash empty and the windshield wash box full. That's a big deal for me since I clean my cab out and my windows up everytime I fuel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
. Keep it well lit, pop machine is nice for when you just wanting something quick and a clean place to use the bathroom. Porta johns are fine if you keep then clean.

There are plenty of places to use the restroom. I usually open my passenger door and driver door and create my own stall. I used to just piss out in the open but one afternoon I realized I was pointed straight at the Presbyterian church and they were having choir practice. That was not good.

Re:

I used to drive a wrecker and had to pick up more than one truck at truck stops where the driver did that and then got in the truck, wouldn't start and then I gotta climb under the truck and pull a driveshaft. Not saying that happens very often but after it happened to me more than once I do my best to keep it from happening if somebody had to come get me.

Set it up on Comdata and EFS. My company only uses EFS, we will send a truck way out of route if someone close does not take it. I see this issue in TX mostly in oil field work as we frequent so many small towns, but we do have issues in AL, GA and TN.