• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

swapping fluids (tranny-t-case...)

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
so i have a 700r4 that is getting mated to a 203/205 doubler. I had a 231 behind it and they shared the same fluid...ATF. Now, i read that the 203 is RECOMMENDED to use 30wt... I don;t care, but do the 700r4 and 203 shared a thru opening that the fluids could mix? to play it safe I WAS going to jsut use ATF, but if i can i will use the recommended oil, if there is no way the 30wt can get into the trans fluid... that would be a biiiig no-no.

ok, that is what i needed to know.:awesomework: thanks hip!

I will send you the bill if i find any gear oil in my fresh trans:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

how bout you just go verify there is or is not a seal....:fawkdancesmiley:

how bout you just go verify there is or is not a seal....:fawkdancesmiley:

no no, you said, on the internet, that is was true, and as i recall everything you hear/read on the internet is true, thus making you responsible for the fate of my drivetrain....leally binding documents now show that you have said on the internet that it is true.:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

no no, you said, on the internet, that is was true, and as i recall everything you hear/read on the internet is true, thus making you responsible for the fate of my drivetrain....leally binding documents now show that you have said on the internet that it is true.:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

Ah, but he said "should be" not "there is". :fawkdancesmiley:

The 203 has a seal on the input shaft to keep the ATF in the trans, and the gear oil in the 203. Use 90wt in the 203/205, they are all gears.