• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sway-a-way Air shocks on cherokee???

cj5_jeep

Hey guys just looking to get your opinion on this. Today I'm picking up this cherokee from a guy on CL it comes complete without the suspension (it had a Rubicon express 4.5 short arm kit) So heres my idea. I have a pair of 14" race runner air shox nib just waiting to be put to good use. I plan on making my own links and long arm the front. My idea is to plate the uni-bod, build shock hoops, and tie it all together with an engine cage that will eventually tie into the internal cage. I know the rule of thumb is 1000# per corner and im sure its close and I guess that doesn't count un-sprung weight. Is this a good idea or shouls I just stick with coils?

IMG_0020-1.jpg

I guess guess I'm just looking for some insight from someone who has run these shocks or know someone that has. I do all types of wheeling trail, snow, rock, sand. Ill have to post pic later pic not uploading. Oh yeah This cherokee is kinda a pile but is running full width 60/44.

Last edited:
Are your air shocks 2.0's or 2.5's?

Hey thanks guys. but nevermind I ended up passing on the rig. It was in way worse shape than this guy lead on to be. Good thing I got to take my trailer for a 300 mile ride. "oh I forgot to tell you there's a huge hole in the oil
pan that I ran out of oil......but look it runs fine you just have to weld the hole ":fawkdancesmiley: info I could have used before I drove down here! Gotta love craigs list:awesomework:

I ,personally, would never drive a station wagon .......or dump any amount of money into one .

Hey thanks guys. but nevermind I ended up passing on the rig. It was in way worse shape than this guy lead on to be. Good thing I got to take my trailer for a 300 mile ride. "oh I forgot to tell you there's a huge hole in the oil
pan that I ran out of oil......but look it runs fine you just have to weld the hole ":fawkdancesmiley: info I could have used before I drove down here! Gotta love craigs list:awesomework:

I bet you will have a whole new set of questions for the next CL seller.