• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sway bar installing

Jduck

Getting ready to redo the back on my jeep and was wondering what the ideal angle of the sway bar arm is at ride height? Right now it sits at a 30* angle.

1ed666d2af4c66d0be0c8a3e6d2ef601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set the anti rock up on our race buggy level at half travel of the shock , this being so it can't invert at full extension or bump and destroy stuff

Re: Re: Sway bar installing

Rockwells607 said:
I set the anti rock up on our race buggy level at half travel of the shock , this being so it can't invert at full extension or bump and destroy stuff
Better answer here.

I think my answer was more generic. I "ass"umed equal travel up/down.

I setup mine a little above horizontal at half travel.

On another note...you like running it that stiff? Mine on my full body jeep is in the second hole from the end.

kboring said:
I setup mine a little above horizontal at half travel.

On another note...you like running it that stiff? Mine on my full body jeep is in the second hole from the end.

I bought the jeep set up like this, only wheeled it a couple times but it felt very stable like that. Doubt I'll change that, was just wondering if the installed angle could be better and it sounds like it could be.

Chassis mounted, I make them level at mid travel.. If they are mounted to the axle, I angle them down about 5-7* per curries recommendation. I was having problems with bending arms, and while I noticed no difference in performance, it did stop the arms from bending

Try and keep the arm and tube going down to the axle less than 90* through the travel. Much past 90* it's pulling on the bar as it's trying to twist vs just twisting. Hope that makes sense.