• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Switch Panel and Gauge recommendations

93puggy

Just looking for recommendations for both. Only panels I have been able to find are 12 Volt Unlimited and there are hundreds of gauges to choose from. Thanks in advance for the help.

We just installed autometer elite oil and water temp gauges. Expensive but they can trigger relays for fans and warning alarms. Also can use oil pressure to shut down motor if drops below setting.

Auto Rod Control ARC 8 or 12 switch panel. They are touch screen switches very easy to wire relay panel

happy with my autometer phantoms. think the panel is a 12 volt guy

Attachments

• dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 116
Re:

I'm running a switch pro in my buggy. All built in relays so very simple to wire up. Completely water proof. No complaints so far. Can even start my buggy from my phone if I feel the need.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Y'all fancy...
12 volt guy and that cheap 3 pack of gauges from Vatozone.
ffc1252a6bbdf6d84f8fec79afc7d97c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate switch panels. They give me nothing but trouble after about a year of mud and pressure washing and I will forget to turn my fans on. I run everything off one switch except lights and nitrous. If my main switch is on my fans and pcm come on.

BUG-E J said:
I hate switch panels. They give me nothing but trouble after about a year of mud and pressure washing and I will forget to turn my fans on. I run everything off one switch except lights and nitrous. If my main switch is on my fans and pcm come on.

You can wire a panel the same way you can turn on the pcm and fans with the ignition and use the remainder for accessories, the arc can be programed to turn all or any switch off with the ignition as well. I have been pressure washing mine for over a year no problems, the way it is sealed I do not anticipate any, but , we shall see

dwa2469 said:
You can wire a panel the same way you can turn on the pcm and fans with the ignition and use the remainder for accessories, the arc can be programed to turn all or any switch off with the ignition as well. I have been pressure washing mine for over a year no problems, the way it is sealed I do not anticipate any, but , we shall see
The ARC panel is definitely not waterproof. After a 10 hr ride on the trailer in the rain, my panel was thoroughly confused the next morning. As soon as you would flip on the battery switch, random **** would start turning on and off, including the starter. That being said, it is an analog unit so there wasn't any complex circuitry to permanently damage and after I let it dry for a day it was working perfectly again. From then on, if they're calling for rain I simply loosen 2 hose clamps, pull the plug and keep it in the truck till I'm ready to ride. Also works as anti-theft.

I should probably mention too that mine is mounted with the buttons down, up on cage roof with no panels. I've also gotten caught on the trails in some nasty rain storms without any issues.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Ended up ordering a 12 Volt Unlimited panel and went with AutoMeter Ultra Lite gauges.