• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Synthetic Rope

I picked up a Warn rope a few months ago for mine. Was looking at Custom Splice and others as well but by the time I got the tube thimble and a hook the Warn was a good bit cheaper. Would have been a better deal if Amazon didn't charge tax, but the free 2day shipping softened the blow.

Im a fan of Canada for whatever reason. Maybe because I'm a hockey fan or I just like being different and want to try products that no one else knows about.
I run a Runva 9.5 short drum. It's their version of the $1k warn comp winch. I use their blue 3/8 rope. 75 feet is what I bought. I use a hook just cuz that's the easiest setup for my rig. I like the look of a thimble more.

All from Canada. No tax no shipping. The guy is clearly French but I paid with PayPal, no issues. I love the winch and the rope. Zero complaints

ibrokeit said:
Man I hate to hear that. I have always had awesome service from Todd. I always had contacted him via PM through Pirate. But I agree, you shouldn't have to be running your stuff down.

Called today, no answer. Emailed stating basically what I've stated here about the long wait time, swift reply stating it should be in the mail today. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Synthetic Rope

Rope was in my mailbox when I got home and just installed it a little bit ago. Worth the wait. Again, wasn't knocking Custom Splice, just stating my particular scenario. Quality ****, has the sleeve guard, whatever it's called, which is awesome for the way I suck my front end down, because it rubs across tubing below the fairlead.

rudamudu.jpg

mana5eba.jpg

LightBnDr said:
Im a fan of Canada for whatever reason. Maybe because I'm a hockey fan or I just like being different and want to try products that no one else knows about.
I run a Runva 9.5 short drum. It's their version of the $1k warn comp winch. I use their blue 3/8 rope. 75 feet is what I bought. I use a hook just cuz that's the easiest setup for my rig. I like the look of a thimble more.

All from Canada. No tax no shipping. The guy is clearly French but I paid with PayPal, no issues. I love the winch and the rope. Zero complaints

Just looked these guys up. $65.00 less on rope versus Custom Splice. When I see this I always hear in the back of my mind "you get what you pay for". Just curious how big a rig you have and how long you have had the rope.

http://www.runvacanada.com/usa/SY85AFL.htm

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Rope

rpf500 said:
Just looked these guys up. $65.00 less on rope versus Custom Splice. When I see this I always hear in the back of my mind "you get what you pay for". Just curious how big a rig you have and how long you have had the rope.

Don't know about their rope, but their winch contactor kicks ass! Thanks JJ for the recommendation :dblthumb:

rpf500 said:

My rig weighs 3460lbs. I have had the rope and winch for 1.5yrs. I have winched a frankenstein buggy on tons and a 4 steer Rockwell rig back on 4 wheels from their lid no snatch block and myself maybe 6 times.

I agree with the money spent vs quality claim. I personally ran no winch for 2 years so I figured why spend top dollar on something I may use once a year. Now I have tested it and I have no complaints

rpf500 said:
Good to hear.

I think I am going to give them a try.
Cool. Post up a pic of what you bought and let me know how you felt about your whole experience with the company and how you like/dislike it's functions when you test it. I'm just curious. I know nobody else who runs their products.

LightBnDr said:
Cool. Post up a pic of what you bought and let me know how you felt about your whole experience with the company and how you like/dislike it's functions when you test it. I'm just curious. I know nobody else who runs their products.

May end up going another route. I put my winch for sale on here and if it sells, I was just going to buy a whole new winch.

If not, I found a killer deal on a new Smittybilt rope a guy bought and never used so I may go that route.

If both those fall through, I will go with Runva.