• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Synthetic Rope

Nathan08

Broke the rope on my 9.0rc last weekend. I believe that it was a masterpull or masterline brand. I was wanting to know who everyone thinks has a better replacement.

About 4 years on a custom splice, not sure if they are the same now, but back then they used amsteel blue rope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:

Best how to right here.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/177344-end-splicing-winch-rope-warning-lots-pics.html

Thanks for the input guys. I spliced it using the link, but also went ahead and order a new one from custom splice. The old one had been in the sun and while and had a few bad spots on it. I am going to use it as a spare. Not that I have money to burn..... But with my luck I knew I better go ahead and get a new one to replace it with.

Im about to order a custom splice rope for my winch, what do y'all use on the end? Hook, standard thimble or safety thimble? I can't decide which to get so thought I would ask for opinions from experience.

Trying to order winch rope myself. It's a bit of a task getting ahold of them. Called all evening Wednesday from about 2-5pm, no answer, so I sent an email that evening. Called a few times yesterday, still no answer, left a message this time to call me back. Still haven't heard from them today, but checked my email and had a reply that was in the junk mail folder from Todd. Getting a custom length at a better price than anyone else offers, but damn….I don't like chasing someone to give them my money. Ain't nobody gotta chase me to give me some money! Sounds like they need to hire some help!

Todd is great to work with. I believe he is a 1 man operation. No need for help, as that will just mean high prices! Ask if he has any mis-cuts in the approx length that you are wanting and he will cut you a good deal on them.

If you like them on facebook, you will see that Todd is constantly gone to various offroad events, in fact FB might be a better way to contact them.

Hiring help doesn't necassarily mean higer prices if it is compensated for by increasing, maybe even doubling+ sales volume. No telling how much business is directed elsewhere due to not being able to get ahold of anyone there. Capitalize! I'm sure a college kid would be happy to monitor the phone and take orders during the day while working on school work there at the desk for $250 a week. Chump change for a business.

Anyways, I'm not getting into an arguement about it, it's just somewhat aggravating. But also tolerable for a good deal.

Re:

Update. July 11th ^^^ was the evening I ordered my winch rope and sent money via paypal. Now, it was late in the evening so we won't count that business day. Tomorrow (or later today) will be 2 full weeks from the Friday I ordered. Have seen no package. Emailed a few days ago requesting order status - no reply. Called yesterday (Wednesday), and surprisingly someone answered the phone, but it was someone other than Todd. He had no idea about the status of my order, said he needed to get my number and call me back with details after he spoke with Todd, because he had the details of my specific order with him. No returned phone call that evening or at all today.

****'s really annoying. I hate having to chase down **** I pay for.....nobody has to chase down my money.

ive got a new winch on my buggy that came with steel cable. i need to replace with rope, just wondering what gauge to go with. i assume 5/16?

Re:

There's a conversion chart on Custom Splice's website, check it out. My winch is only a 6k #, so I went with 5/16". It's used primarily to suck the front end down. Only used it maybe twice when it had the cable on it for actual winching.

TacomaJD said:
Update. July 11th ^^^ was the evening I ordered my winch rope and sent money via paypal. Now, it was late in the evening so we won't count that business day. Tomorrow (or later today) will be 2 full weeks from the Friday I ordered. Have seen no package. Emailed a few days ago requesting order status - no reply. Called yesterday (Wednesday), and surprisingly someone answered the phone, but it was someone other than Todd. He had no idea about the status of my order, said he needed to get my number and call me back with details after he spoke with Todd, because he had the details of my specific order with him. No returned phone call that evening or at all today.

****'s really annoying. I hate having to chase down **** I pay for.....nobody has to chase down my money.

Man I hate to hear that. I have always had awesome service from Todd. I always had contacted him via PM through Pirate. But I agree, you shouldn't have to be running your stuff down.

I ordered my rope from them on 7/15 and it was here Monday or Tuesday. I placed my order on their website so it may have processed faster that way.