• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T case option

kid rok

I want to run a different T case.
Would a 205 3.1 give me what I am looking for? Currently I am running a th 350 with 5.13 gears. I'd like to convert my 205 over and hook it up to my th350, but I don't think I can because my input is 32 spline. I am trying to keep within a budget ::)but **** I keep hitting road blocks. I could just say fawkit and go with an atlas :dunno:.

I plan on a LOMAX for my 205. I am running a vortec 6.0, 4.56s and 42's so, but I will most likely go to 5.13s. I think all around that would be plenty, plus it is less costly than an atlas/stak, very strong and I already have the case. My 205 came 32 spline, so its easy to swap out the input, most gms were 10 or 27 unlike the fords all being 32. Off road design can hook you up with a new input. Is it a figure 8 or a round pattern 205? Just curious.

Oh, so are you looking at a complete lomax? If so I would look at a stak 2 speed, you can get it 3:1 with whatever input and adpater you need. Oh ya, what motor you running?

Not sure, Juan Hong Loe got one for the cammando he is building, maybe he will comment on how long it took, def wasnt three months tho.

you can find a 205 for countershaft and bearings and **** for about $150, just ask me. the lomax 205 comes with a new case and gears. you just put your other **** around it.
kid rok said:
I want to run a different T case.
what do you have now?

kid rok said:
Currently I am running a th 350 with 5.13 gears. I'd like to convert my 205 over and hook it up to my th350, but I don't think I can because my input is 32 spline.
you mean you want to stay with a 350, but go to a 3:1. you'd have to call them to see if it will work, I don't know. why not just go 400? Miles has one.

Marty said:
My 205 came 32 spline, so its easy to swap out the input, most gms were 10 or 27 unlike the fords all being 32.
fords were all 31 spline female, chevy early 400's and late 4 speed/400's were female 32. If I remember correctly, the lomax has to be bought with their new case, because the gears are quite a bit bigger. it is just over a grand. I have 4 brand new 32 spline 205 inputs for sale, too.

I am running a doubler. 205 203. I need something smaller and lighter. The 3.1 would be plenty low enough, who crawls in the south. Trying to save some coin and use what I got. I want to stay with the th350 because i know it well. I have a few extra cases and thier easy to come by cheap. I not 100% set on the 205 lomax but it's a cheap solution to a strong Tcase. I was thinking about using my 205 off of my doubler but it has the wrong in put to hook up to my th 350. What type of input would I need and is it strong enough. I know the th350 is 27spline but I think the input on the 205 necks down to a 10 sline :dunno:. Hell kelly if you have the right input shaft and adapter I would just buy that from you and be rollin. , but as usuall it's always more complicated.

The 27 spline input for a TH350 is $155 from off road design. If Kelly doesnt have one, call them, at least stephen will tell you what you need. This may or may not help to. http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653713&highlight=np205

kid rok said:
I am running a doubler. 205 203. I need something smaller and lighter. The 3.1 would be plenty low enough, who crawls in the south. Trying to save some coin and use what I got. I want to stay with the th350 because i know it well. I have a few extra cases and thier easy to come by cheap. I not 100% set on the 205 lomax but it's a cheap solution to a strong Tcase. I was thinking about using my 205 off of my doubler but it has the wrong in put to hook up to my th 350. What type of input would I need and is it strong enough. I know the th350 is 27spline but I think the input on the 205 necks down to a 10 sline :dunno:. Hell kelly if you have the right input shaft and adapter I would just buy that from you and be rollin. , but as usuall it's always more complicated.
do the lomax's use the factory adapter to join them? if so, that's a harder piece to come by. I would be tempted to make one if I were you.

The 350 input shaft will not work in a 205 that is setup for a 400. The 400 input shaft is bigger and requires a larger bearing. Therefore you have a larger hole in the case. A case that had the input for a 350 or 4-speed woould work. I know where a th350 to a 205 figure 8 adapter is I bought it brand new and never used it.

I'm not going to get that atlas. Ok if I was to use a th400 I could bolt rigt up to my curret 205 with the 32spline input correct? If thats the case I would be interested in Miles 400 if it's in working order. The bottom line is a th 350 will not bolt to a 32 spline input on a 205.

yes, bottom line.
as far as the lomax is concerned, you can get a lomax for your 350 with the 27 spline input. I think its a diff input anyway. looks like a grand and change.
http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/products/lomax205/index.html
scroll down, the 27 is listed as an input option.

I think they list that because they need what case to send because of bearing size.

I have made my decision I'm done with this chit chat. 3.1 lomax 205 Thanks for the info guys.