• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya fear of closing? False rumor?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
One of the other forums I frequent had what I would consider a "uninformed" user who was rambling about how Tahuya was in danger of closing.

Any rumors of this nature or is it just that----silly rumor?

From what I have heard that the DNR is running out of funding for all of its ORV areas. If Tahuya looses its enforcement officers then they will probably close all the gates until they get more money. That area will turn into a shithole without an enforcement officer presence.

they are gonna be doing some logging soon, not sure if they will close all the area or just part? that was at a dnr meeting straight from jessie sims.

What I heard from Stan and this was not Tahuya specific but all DNR managed rec area's. Most all the areas effected will be open for day use but things like bathrooms, camp grounds, trash cans, patrol and trail repair/maintenance will not be performed/available. Most all areas effected DNR is having good luck in finding volunteer groups to help perform some of the duties DNR is going away with.

If money for enforcement is the problem they need to charge the users to pay for the enforcement.

Sorry for being so aggressive :hi: but that is not the way it works.

Here is a good a way to realize......if you're sitting around, reading the internetz and say to yourself "Why don't we just......"

1st - you not the first person to think that.

2nd - Abort! Abort! you are not thinking.

Why? Because that's...not...the way...it works.

:redneck:

Sorry for being so aggressive :hi: but that is not the way it works.

Here is a good a way to realize......if you're sitting around, reading the internetz and say to yourself "Why don't we just......"

1st - you not the first person to think that.

2nd - Abort! Abort! you are not thinking.

Why? Because that's...not...the way...it works.

:redneck:

Well i know what you are saying. Its lkie Evans creek. It use to cost nothing then they started charging N requireing the forest passes and the money has gone where. The road up their sucks the trails are lame and all they do is pull you over and write you some bigass ticket.

If the DRN charges users, then they are finacially liable for injuries, most lawsuits are in the millions of dollar ranges and they would probably close all the ORV areas after a couple such cases. Trash dumping is a huge problem at Tahuya and if the LEO was gone, it would look like a landfill with piles of sheetrock, old tires, construction jobsite trash, matresses, old meth labs, etc... all over the place.

This has all been talked about at public DNR meetings.

I got "five on it". :cool:

LOL :haha:

Anyways I last time I was out there I spoke with a DNR rep and QP about this. All that is happening is logging, which I believe is going on now. But they wont be closing all of it, just parts.

The motorcyle trails are what will be affected the most. I think those trails are going to be the ones logged.

they are gonna be doing some logging soon, not sure if they will close all the area or just part? that was at a dnr meeting straight from jessie sims.

I keep hearing this as well. One of the guys in the quadra paws said that Once the logging is complete you should be able to see the Southloop from the staging area. But... I also heard from that same person that they were going to start the logging at the end of January too... There are some of timber sale boundry signs stapled to trees in between Mud lake & Yellow Jacket / Broken Axle Hill.

Come hear the current report on Tahuya at the PNW Region 2 meeting tonight 3/18 at 4 wheel parts in Tacoma. Meeting starts at 7:30 but if your there at 7:00 you can score some pizza or burgers.

From what I recall the camping and crappers are already closed over there.

It's all subject to closing for lack of funding. That's why the law suite to get the NOVA money back from state parks. Loose the LEO's and vandalism, trash dumping, illegal mudding become a major problem. Then they're justified in locking gates and putting up barricades. It was equipment vandalism and trash dumping that chased everyone off Weyerhaeuser, anyone remember wheelin Grass Mountain off 410?

See you tonight?

Well i know what you are saying. Its lkie Evans creek. It use to cost nothing then they started charging N requireing the forest passes and the money has gone where. The road up their sucks the trails are lame and all they do is pull you over and write you some bigass ticket.

It's still free, the permit is only required it you park there :;

Keep us updated on the process. Thanks Rick!!!:awesomework:

:stirpot:

If the DRN charges users, then they are finacially liable for injuries, most lawsuits are in the millions of dollar ranges and they would probably close all the ORV areas after a couple such cases.

This has been well documented. The DNR can right now charge us $25 a day for use with very limited liability. In fact the same liability they have by letting us use it for free. There is a process going right now to get the $25 raised up to $50.
I have no idea why they don't charge now.:eeek: